Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

reenactor vehicles

Discussion in 'Preserved Military Vehicle Registry Project' started by aquist, Jan 10, 2008.

1. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    i had two ww2 jeeps both of then 1942 GPWs but now they are in England I have been without a running jeep for over 15 years, but I think i have one now its a cj3a 1950 vintage and it runs and has a clear title, the Army lists the cj3a as one of its stable of military vehicles, which is not to say that this one ever served in the armed forces, but many like it did. I intend to convert this to a reenactor jeep for ww2 reenacting. there are about 140 members of the MVPA local chapter the Arkansas MV travelers, we intend to become mutually involved with them. this will be mutually beneficial to both groups. ie. we will get their participation in our battles and they will get more members into their ranks. If you are interested i can hook u up, there are always vehicles looking for a good home, there is a M38a1 with a fairly straight body that needs and engine for about 650$ advertized on the Arkansas traveler homesite

2. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    reenactor vehicle

when i first got involved this was a poor mans hobby , now it is a lot more expensive but it can still be done. anyone in the ark la okla tex area should consider joining us.

3. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    parts? anyone? anyone?

if you have any jeep or military vehicle parts for sale or trade let me know. there are still salvageable vehicles in this area.,,,i found several jerry cans discarded on the property that I live on- they were free! im looking for a gas can bracket, a set of bows, seats, a spare tire mount, bumperettes, a blackout headlight etc. even better a ww2 jeep grill and/or windshield frame. I had all that stuff and lost it when someone appropriated my other cj2a stored in Jones Mill Arkansas, anyone having any information on the where abouts of a cj2a with a pink aluminum top let me know