Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Reference books

Discussion in 'WWII Books & Publications' started by wwII items, Oct 14, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Carl

you will find the RK books and DkG books published through Biblio-verlag and various authors to be superior to anything ever printed. at over $ 100.00 US they are quite sought after and come in numerous volumes, and we are not talking of two paragraphs per recipient iether but up to 3-4 pages in length at times dependent of course on the receiver of the award.

Patzwell and Scherzer have always had probs with releasements of the most updated materials from WaST, Veit especially as his DkG weinners of the Luftwaffe has many empty's for 1945, and only a sentance or so per man.........seems hardly worth purchase to me.

biblio has it's own web-site of course pertaining to the above mentions.........

another almost unknown RK ref is Clemens Range's Die RK der Kriegsmarine published through Motorbuch Verlag in 1974.

Roger James Bender pubs has numerous excellent reference titles for ones needs, he also is on the web. In fact I highly recommend Rogers works nothing cheap but high quality throughout, have known the firm/the man since his first start in the 60's when he was publishing the first volumes on the W-SS, still Classics in their own right(s).

C.Evans likes this.
  2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi E, ill have to look out for other German editions. Helion basically did word for word from Fellgiebels book with some correction. I see that they still got it wrong on a Waffen SS RKT that was and still is, listed as being killed in 1945? Anyway, the man is still alive last I heard. I don't remember his name and will have to look it up in my notes.

Also, quite a few it appears, who were awarded the KC after May 8th 1945-and thanks to some order made by Donitz, there are quite a few probables as well as quite a few who apparently should not be listed in the book. Also, same goes for a number of Oaks and Swords guys. This mostly is based on Donitz's order. What a foul up 1945 had been for the Germans though. The Bundesarchiv doesn't have a lot of factual stuff either.

As for Patzwall and Scherzer-I got their book mainly for names and dates but would like to sometime get more than just that on those DKig/S guys. I found out about a couple of older books about the RKT that are supposed to be goo. Im actively looking for those as well as the Wehrmachts published Range Liste from 1944-1945. That's one book I DEFINATELY want cost is no matter either.

3. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

and I think that is it Carl the books however detailed or not detailed they may be, cost a person an arm and a leg. you can imagine if these were only 25.00 US ea. how many volumes just to German award winners we alal would have not counting any of the Allied nations personell

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi E, I definately har ya on that. Im a bit irritated that when the offer and deal was made when I got these two books (three actually since I got the P.l.M. Recipients book then too), that the dealer either unknowingly or purposly left out that the book was missing names. I can't lay blame on him unless he knew. However, im contented for now that I do have at least most of the names I should have. ;-)) I've also got a dealer who is probably the best source for getting that 1944-1945 Range Liste. I would absolutely love to have that book and would be willing to pay quite a bit for it. That book would also be of great help in me checking my German Generals lists-if I could ever find where I put them? :rolleyes:

I was just thinking, that if they ever decided to put out a book about all the recipients of the Wound Badge in Gold?????? THAT would be one hell of an undertaking to say the least.

I wonder if there are any books out that have the lists for those who won the Honor Roll Clasps? I think i'll enquire on that as well as send a letter to an Author or two about it if there is no such book? I'd like to see if they would think it was worth the effort? I think so ;-)) I would also like to see a book listing all Blood Order Recipients as well as another one listing all all Knights Cross of the War Merit Cross Recipients.

5. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

did you know a neu buch on the Wound badges is coming ? think it is in German

C.Evans likes this.
  6. wwII items

wwII items Member

Do anyone know a good web store to buy reference books?

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi E, nope hadn't heard of a WB book but I HOPE this one isn't as high as some of the other books such as the IAB book, and whatever else was recently published. I will be buying the IAB book and are looking into buying the PAB book and would also liek a few others-but not at a "C" note per pop. Books are getting rediculously expensive these days. I think ill start looking for used copies only-for some reference books. Now if I ever decide to start playing the lottery and win one-that'll be different ;-)) I'd also like to see a book about Tank Destruction Badges, but-I THINK you could only just do so much with that.

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

If you don't mind buying fro the USA? I know several. One off-hand is: aberdeenbooks.com and they offer a 15% or more discount on all titles and soemtimes free shipping too. The guy is a greta guy to deal with and i've bought from him on several occasion. I can't think of the adddy for another great website but when I do ill post it and others for you.

9. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

If the link doesn't work? just google aberdeen books and you should get their site. For the life of me I just can't think of the addy for the other site I was thinking of-who also gives discounts. However, another site I like but have not bought from yet andwho has a seemingly endless supply of titles is: www.helion.com They give Aberdeen a good run for the money though.

10. wwII items

wwII items Member

Thanks. The web adress is Aberdeen Book Store

11. wwII items

wwII items Member