Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Reputation System

Discussion in 'Counter-Battery Fire' started by Col. Hessler, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Col. Hessler

Col. Hessler Member

Otto, I think that the reputation system on the forums is a great idea but I have just one suggestion. Could you make it so that you can see what user gave you the rep? I think it would be better that way. Just my opinion.

2. von Poop

von Poop Waspish

You can already on your user cp.

I'm uncertain about reputation systems as on some forums they can tend to lead to rather polarised, provocative or even 'populist' posts in a strange back-slapping hunt for rep from known sympathisers?

Cheers,
    Adam.

3. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

I would have to agree with Von Poop on this one. But at the same time would probably award Kai and with the highest rep.

4. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

I'd like to vote against the reputation system. For that I have ebay, and even then I don't have a 100% perfect because I once gave one seller a negative feedback and he took his revenge by giving negative feedback to all the people complaining about him and disappeared.

So unless we have a pretty good safeguard against this type of guttersnipes here, I don't want to see it. We have done pretty well without it, why would we want that?

von Poop likes this.
  5. Col. Hessler

Col. Hessler Member

Well it's all just in good fun. I doubt anyone here would misuse it. I participate in another forum that used the reputation system and there aren't any problems. I think it's good for sending messages to people instead of PMing them.

6. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

The reputation system is going to stay with a few tweaks. As far as I'm aware, anyone on the WWIIF with a negative reputation has been banned anyways, so there is no reason to fear it.

I'm still tweaking the reputations (they will eventually award WWII medals and it will be called "prestige"). Also, reputations are not only is it affected by user input, you earn reputation based on time served, number of posts, posts per day, etc. You can assign positive feedabck to any post, so I urge you guys to go ahead and give out good ratings to posts you think deserve it. In my eyes, the systme is not a way to give a black mark to a member, it an additional way to tell other you appreciate their input.

7. Otto

This is a good idea Col. I'll keep this in mind when I revamp the reputation system.

8. Col. Hessler

Col. Hessler Member

Danke mein kommandant.

9. Richard

Richard Expert

I vote against it for I have seen this system on other forums and it causes a backlash and a lot of nasty posting. I feel what we have here is OK, if you want to participate switch it on and for those of us who do not want it leave it off.

10. TA152

TA152 Ace

I have to agree with Richard, whos reputation is :pinkpanther:

11. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

Speaking of reputation, we should give a round of applause to Liberator who in Today in History everyday turns for us a new leaf in the calendar, with the patience and regularity of a Swiss clock.:cheers:

:rodinu:

12. Otto

Agreed Za, I look forward to his posts, and I don't think he knows how appreciated his contributions are. I think I'll head on over and add to his reputation right tnow...

13. von Poop

von Poop Waspish

Who was that masked man?!?... ;)

Otto likes this.
  14. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

Well put, von poop ! You're a splendid fellow, as is za rodinu ! :) Ta152 as well - keep up the good work ...and Richard - top man ! :D Mustn't forget col hessler and sloniksp, too......:p

( Excuse me - must dash over to check out my reputation score....;) )

15. TA152

TA152 Ace

Why are you acting so strange ?? You act like you are running for Prime Minister of something. :FUallplz:

16. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

Is there any way to find out where your reputation comes from? I just noticed I have a fair bit but would love to know who has been so kind :D

17. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

Well, I'm trying to be nice to everyone...but it doesn't seem to be working ;)

18. TA152

TA152 Ace

Well I will be nice back then. Rent the DVD "Letters from Iwo Jima", you won't be sorry. :D

19. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Letters from Iwo Jima you say? Sounds nice. I'll see if I can get that one here too.

20. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

You must watch Flags of Our Fathers first though! Letters from Iwo Jima is a 'sequel' to it, and a few scenes make more sense or cause the "ohh..." factor if you've seen Flags first!