Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Research Material concerning Yamamoto

Discussion in 'Japan at Sea!' started by albert kauslick, Jul 1, 2019.

1. albert kauslick

albert kauslick New Member

thank you for this opportunity.
    in 1978 my father's company tranferred him to Bougainville Island. He was a child during WWII but knew the signifigance of the island during the war. He became part of a group that sought out the wreck of Yamamoto's airplane where he met his end in Buin. After this first investigation my father began to research The Admiral and made more trips to the site. He accumilated 3-4 boxes of information, maps, surveys of the wreck site, met and interviewed a few the surviving men sent to shoot down the plane.
    I bring this up only because my father recently died and knowing how important this information was to him, I am looking for someone who might be researching a book or some similiar project who might use this information. If any of you know someone who would be interested in this research material, please, contact me Albert@ursusstudio.com and use the tag line Yamamoto. I'm sure we could work something out.

2. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

3. gtblackwell

gtblackwell Member Emeritus

Albert, a very kind offer and I hope some good use becomes of it.

4. Jba45ww2

Jba45ww2 Well-Known Member

Albert, anyone interested in the materials you have? I had sent you an email asking about the availability. Regards,jba