Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Researching history of my late Uncle

Discussion in 'Military Service Records & Genealogical Research' started by Lancaster Bomber, May 21, 2010.

1. Lancaster Bomber

Lancaster Bomber Member

I am trying to do our family tree and have come across one of my Uncles, his name was ALBERT IVOR WEBB, (better known to family as JACK), he was in the R E M E during the war and was made up to be a MAJOR, dont know if he won any medals, would be nice to know about them if he did.
    He was statione adout in BURMA , ITALY & IRAN, he used to erect BAILEY BRIDGES. He came from THE MUMBLES, SOUTH WALES, he had a relitivey short life, as he was born in 1912 and died in 1967.
    Any information would be very welcome, as I have no idea as to what his military life was like, so would like to know A where he was stationed in the UK,B when he went to the countries mentioned,C what regiment he was in, and basically anything else any body might know.After the war he go a job working with COSTAINS CONSTRUCTION CO & was on the Great Yarmouth Power Station Construction. He came from THE MUMBLES nr SWANSEA, SOUTH WALES.
    Thank you for helping me out with these questions.
    Looking forward to reading about him.
    Regards from Lancaster Bomber