Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Respectable dealers

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by volkbert, Jul 25, 2002.

1. volkbert

volkbert Member

I collect militaria for about 1,5 years and the longer I collect the more expensive things I want to buy. The problem is that there is a lot of fake stuff at the market. I hop some of you can give me some information about dealers that ou trust and buy from. I bougt something of Weitze and someone told me that he is a respectable dealer. Also Niemann and Nordheide Versand seem to be good dealers. Can you help me?

Regards,

Volkbert

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

3. Stevin

Stevin Ace

Hallo Volkbert,

Good to see you here at the forums! Welcome. I hope we all (others probably more than myself) will be able to help you out with any questions you have regarding collecting.

Carl has gotten me into collecting now and I have a few bids out there so who knows what I will end up with...

Hope to see what you come up with, Volkbert.

Greetz,

Stevin

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Stevin--Aw shucks--im so proud of that that I am blushing.... :D

5. Stevin

Stevin Ace

:D

thank you.....dad..... [​IMG]

May I call you Darth now?

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

But only if the last name is still Skywalker :D

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

PS, this is my new alias. Im 23 years old and gaining fame as..........the grosster feldherr allerziechen. (SP?) :D

8. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Is that a Hartmann avatar there bud ?

when will we see the true Carl ? Probably when we see the true Erich instead of a abzeichen of 1./FAGr 5 !! :D

Say pard, can you get Osprey elite series in your neck of the woods ? Looking for the $ 20.00 special covering the 354th fighter group. No help here in Oregon. is this possible ??

E

9. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Yepper, that is Erich Alfred himself--er thats me.

The only bookstore here in cc,tx that carries a few Osprey titles is Barnes and Nobles. I know they can order it. Do you have a B&N there in Oregon? if not--let me know and I can order one for you.

Im currently waiting for my expensive book on theFreikorps uniforms and Insignia to arrive--$60.00 damn dollars--it BETTER be good.

10. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Doh ! yes we have a B & N some 27 miles to the east in Meford. I must be asleep today.....I'll give them a buzz.

$ 60.00, boy that is becoming almost standard now for anything of value or maybe non-value depending how you look at it. Just purchased Classic Pubs. volume 3 of the Me 262 for about $ 45.00, boy what a dissappointment. I guess if I didn;t alrady have info on the jet this would be a great book. problem was is that they presented old news and including grammitacl errors, some in a big way. colour profiles were nice, but already of a/c duplicated in other books....crap !
    It pays, you have to try and preview a book before purchase, almost like in collecting medals eh ?

E

11. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I agree, when I bought Senichs book on German Snipers--it was shrinkwrapped, and had I been given the chance to look befor ebuying--I would have saved $70.00 :(

At lease I know the Freikorps book will be closer to my taste--IF the darn bookstore will ever get it in. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

12. Steve

Steve Member

You guys are lucky. My copy of "Doughboy to GI" was 190.00 bucks. Fortunately it is an excellent book. [​IMG]

13. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

This is a good point ( although maybe a little O/T ). The numbers of new military books are staggering,being small-print-run they can be very expensive, and, especially if published by, say, Sch*ff*r, they can be deeply disappointing.....