Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Rockband

Discussion in 'Non-WarGames' started by Mussolini, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

For the first time in my life, a non-military game is consuming my life. I come home from work, check the Forums real briefly, then head upstairs into the 'theatre room'. 5.1 Surround sound, 6 foot projector screen. (Will be High Def in a month hopefully). Drumset is sadly off to the side - not enough reach (if i can find a USB cord extender I will be set). Its my own mini-stage. I spend about 3 hours a night playing, sometimes going over old songs to warm up, then messing around, then the world tour. I started on EASY (as a drummer) since its the first type of game like this, and i'm all messed up on the guitar (try playing left handed!). I've now started on MEDIUM though the last few songs on Easy in the BONUS TOUR kicked my ass. My coordination isn't great,but i've been pwning most 1st tier songs (woot 5 stars).

My back and shoulders ache, blisters are forming on my fingers, my oh so soft fingers from working IT, the tendons in my arm are getting tired, and my head is permamently tilted to the side. Once i find a USB Cable Extender, GLORY SHALL BE MINE!

2. Steelwhip

Steelwhip Member

you playing it on the PS2 or one of the next gens?

I got it a couple days ago for my Bday....wife and roomie kinda roll thier eyes when I crank it on....but Im having fun....finished off Easy mode with guitar.....work through drums now...Im afraid Ill break the kit sometimes...few of the songs I tend to get a bit carried away with.

Im afriad that when my nephew comes over he is going to just kick my butt at it....

3. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Musso I'll be your first fan

4. Ironcross

Ironcross Dishonorably Discharged

It is almost $200 with tax, more half of what my 360 cost me. I really want it, but it is just too damn expensive. But, i still have all the tom clancy games to keep me happy until ninja gaiden 2 comes out. Also, i really want a HDTV, but most of them are around $800.

PS: You have to play rainbow six vegas.

5. Mussolini

I traded my XBOX 360 in for a PS3 last week and picked up Rockband at the same time. Only cost me $100 all said and told. So yes, playing on Next Gen Console.

I am planning on picking up the new Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 today having played the first one on XBOX. Bluetooth headset might have to wait if i can only find one for $60.

6. Ironcross

Did you trade in your 360 at gamestop ? How much did they give you for that?
    Rockband for $100 ? Is it the ps2 version or the ps3 version?

7. Mussolini

About $150 for the Xbox 360. +$10 for ever two games traded in. Total cost of PS3 + Rockband (which is $160) is about $500. Between the trade-in value and the $100 gift card i got for my birthday, i only had to pay $100 of that $500.

8. Ironcross

500-100=400
    400-150=250
    250-100=150
    150/10=15
    15 times 2 = 30
    You traded in 30 games?

9. Mussolini

I got 150 for the XBOX, and another 150 for the games (11 games = $100, 11/2 = 5. 5 X 10 = $50). $150 + $150 = $300. +$100 giftcard = $400

So I only had to pay $100 (the last $100 of the $500 total).

10. Mussolini

Sadly, R6V2 will have to wait until tomorrow, as being on the East Coast, we can't have the game until the day after its release date. Completely BS if you ask me, I bet you that the game is sitting in a box in a backroom and has been for over a week. DAMN YOU EB GAMES/GAMESTOP!

11. Ironcross

I wouldn't pay $60 for a game. It is better to wait a few months for the price to drop a little, maybe $15. I spent $17 for double agent, $28 for rainbow six vegas, and about $26 for oblivion. You are still getting the same game 2 months from now, but for a lower price.

12. Mussolini

You must be talking about PS2 games. PS3 games do not drop that much over two months. Down to $50 at best, $45 for a Used if you are lucky.

13. GI_Squirrel

GI_Squirrel Member

i play alot of rock band. i beat the hard section of guitar on it.
    I think the drums is a little wierd though..... I mean, I play real drums and for some reson, it just seems harder...maybe cuss of the way its set up...

14. Mussolini

Well it doesn't say that its supposed to be a real drum feel. Clearly the guitar is far from real too. Its a game, so they can't have anythign too complicated. Having something that mimics a real drum set up is too costly. The way it is now appeals to more people though 'real muscians' might have a gripe with it.