Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

rommel versus patton

Discussion in 'Leaders of World War 2' started by Quillin, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Grieg

Grieg New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Sounds about right for an aggressive hard-charging General to me. ;)
    Plus those kinds of comments are part of his public persona. (I don't mean public as in the general public. He might also need to influence peers, subordinates or superiors and he was a bit of an actor).While it was a part of him, to an extent, it was also theatre to an extent.
    As far as the idea that the world hadn't seen enough death I would refer you to some of the threads that deal with the actions of the Red Army after entering Germany and in the Eastern European states post war. Wouldn't you think that the Soviets had seen enough death and destruction that they would treat a defeated and subjugated people with compassion? Do you think that is what happened?

2. ilija

ilija New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Now if I answer to this then we will go off topic so I won,t.

3. smeghead phpbb3

smeghead phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    You're right simon, my post looks like an accusation and I apologise, it is a misunderstanding... I should have chosen my words more carefully...

The 'Lie' refferred to is the myth that the Germans achieved a higher combat kill ratio against either eastern or western armies over the course of the war... it was roughly the same...
    Post edited