Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Run, Sarah, run!

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by OpanaPointer, Jun 3, 2011.

1. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member Patron   WW2|ORG Editor

[video=youtube;oS4C7bvHv2w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS4C7bvHv2w[/video]

2. Victor Gomez

Victor Gomez Ace

Rather than poke fun at poor Sarah or make remarks about how she might have passed her college history in so many universities where she was educated, we can all realize that we have elected presidents before that did not favor the books that much yet they thought they could "appoint smart people to do the real work and all would be well" and I do wish we would just learn the lessons of how we are shorted when that happens.

3. OpanaPointer

She is stupid.

syscom3 likes this.
  4. belasar

belasar Court Jester Staff Member

I thought it was a requirement to be either stupid, corrupt or a meglomaniac to be a politician anyway :)

5. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Aren't they all?

6. Dauntless

Dauntless Member

Palin is unelectable, but she has tremendous charisma, great speaking ability, and fortitude (her daughters, even the preteen one, has been viciously attacked. Had someone made jokes about raping my preteen daughter, I would have reloaded on my M-1 Garand at least five times as I pumped dozens of bullets into their body).

Obama is supposed to be brilliant. So far, he has made blunder after blunder after blunder. His foreign and economic policies are disaster zones.

Romney has tremendous baggage, as does Newt.

You think Palin is an idiot ? Biden is a walking gaffe. Obama only picked him as VP to make him "assassination insurance".

The sad thing about our times is that the right people won't run because they won't pass the microscope on the colon test. Lincoln wouldn't have passed that test and he's regarded as the best or second best. Washington had wooden teeth. Wooden teeth won't get you elected nowadays. Jefferson had slaves and possibly an illicit affair with a black mistress. We all know Jefferson is/was brilliant.

So, OP, your point is.....?

mikebatzel likes this.
  7. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

I wouldn't vote for her, but then again I wouldn't vote for our current President. It is a shame we don't have better choices offered. And speaking of the current President, doesn't anyone remember that during his campaign he stated he had visited all "57 states" but still hadn't had a chance to visit "Alaska and Hawaii"?

8. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

That and wanting to charge wounded soldiers for their combat-related medical issues.

texson66 likes this.
  9. OpanaPointer

My point is Palin is stupid. "X is just as bad as Y" arguments are silly. You don't make X look any better that way.

10. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Poor Paul Revere..... He deserves better than that.

11. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

Oooh, Bobby I'd forgotten about that. Yeah, that was screwed up. I liked the what the Vietnam vet told him. "Mr. President, my government sent me to war, not my employer". Obama wanted to save $540 million dollars with the measure and a good portion of the savings was to be redirected to help take care of the health care costs of illegal immigrants.

For those that have forgotten here are some quotes from Craig Roberts of the American Legion.

"The president's avowed purpose in doing this is to, quote, 'make the insurance companies pay their fair share,'" Roberts said. "It's not the Blue Cross that puts soldiers in harm's way, it's the federal government."

Some more of Roberts comments concerning their meeting with the President on the proposal:
    "He added that the argument about the government's moral obligation to treat wounded soldiers, sailors and Marines fell on deaf ears during the meeting."

"The president deflected any discussion when it got into any moral issue here," he said. "Any attempt to direct the conversation (to the moral discussion) was immediately deflected."

"Private insurance is separate for troops who need health care unrelated to their service. But Roberts noted that if a wounded warrior comes back and needs ongoing treatment, he or she could run up "to the max of the coverage in very short order," leaving his family with nothing."

Fortunately, Congressmen from both sides stepped forward and said that they would sink the proposal.

12. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

More recent, stupid political statements made by Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D.-Fla.). She accused Republicans of wanting to make illegal immigration a crime. I'm not a lawyer so I must not understand but I thought doing something illegal was breaking a law. And that, “If it were up to the candidates for president on the Republican side, we would be driving foreign cars; they would have let the auto industry in America go down the tubes.” What does she drive? A 2010 Infinity FX35, Infinity is a subsidiary of Nissan a Japanese company. Dooh.

13. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

On this we don't disagree, but I think Dauntlesses point was that based upon many politicians we now have in office, being stupid is not disqualifying.

14. OpanaPointer

And I think that's a very real problem.

15. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

Yes sir, and we are in complete agreement.

16. RabidAlien

RabidAlien Ace

We need people with honesty, integrity, and wisdom in all offices of any party, up to and including the Oval (offal?) Office. The problem is....the traits of "honesty, integrity, and wisdom" usually cause the person bearing those traits to run screaming as far away from politics as possible. We get to vote for what's left.

17. ULITHI

ULITHI Ace

Comedian Lewis Black once said "our two party system is a bowl of sh-- starring in the mirror at itself".

As I get older, I agree more and more with that.

18. OpanaPointer

"No matter that you may not find someone to vote for in an election, there is a very high probability that you will find someone to vote against."

19. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

Guys, I have moved this thread to the Stump.

20. OpanaPointer

I should have started it there. Doh!