Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Russian aircraft stikes ISIS

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by bronk7, Nov 18, 2015.

1. LJAd

LJAd Well-Known Member

Following the NYT (always appreciated at the White House) ,Central Command was exaggerating intentionally the results of the air-attacks against ISIS .

And following an other source US pilots confirm that the Obama administration was blocking 75 % of the air-strikes .

Every one kwows why : the survival /victory of ISIS is essential for the success of the Obama administration .

2. lwd

lwd Ace

??? You really should market whatever you are drinking/smoking/using. Or maybe not probably illegal in most places. The destruction of Daesh would insure the success of the Obama administration at this point. They have been trying to keep collateral damage down to prevent incidents which Daesh could use. Arguably they have been a bit over concerned with that but your statements have me wondering if my estimate of your IQ being in the two digit range was overly generous.

3. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

The LjawD feud continues, how fun!

That Willy Pete strike is beautiful and ominous. The persistence if that munition is terrifying. Did anyone else see a few secondary explosion within the glowing cloud of death? I wonder if that was something originally on the ground going off or part of the dropped WP?

4. Ilhawk

Ilhawk New Member

L W D

We can agree to disagree about so called surgery with bombs.

B t w though not directed at me...using insults is not effective.

I would expect a lack of concern about civilians.

5. Takao

Takao Ace

The matter is disputed...
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4442988.stm

6. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

From my understanding, WP is not banned for use as weapon but may be used as an illumination munition, which is often followed up by conventional HE. A very, very grey area to be sure. I know US forces used White phosphorus munitions in Fallujah in 2004.

It's certainly an awful weapon, but isn't that the point of military weapons? I've seen some thermometric munitions that make WP look like a toy.

7. LJAd

LJAd Well-Known Member

With the help of Obama Iran tries to dominate the ME;to do this, it needs to dominate Iraq and Syria;that's why it needs ISIS:without ISIS Iran would not be on firm ground in Iraq and Syria,but the longer the war in Iraq and Syria the better for Iran; one will notice that there are no ISIS attacks in Iran .If Syria and Iraq become satellites, Saoudi Arabia is encircled and also will fall;and than it is the turn on Israel ,which will result in a nuclear war .The only remaining obstacle is Assad and this explains the hatred for Assad from Iran's accomplice in the White House .

8. Takao

Takao Ace

Name the pilots please?

Funny how this story is only being carried by the conservative websites...

9. Takao

Takao Ace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhJGOYJo9mM

Think McFly! Think! Your statement, outside of your drug-addled world view, makes no sense.

If Iran and Obama were in cahoots, and Assad is "The only remaining obstacle", why is Assad still around? Why didn't Obama go in when Syria, by using chemical weapons, crossed Obama's "Red Line" two years ago. Instead, Obama pussy-footed around, and finally caved to a Putin conceived solution. The US has had plenty of chances to remove "The only remaining obstacle", except the have taken none of them...Why is that?

10. LJAd

LJAd Well-Known Member

Funny how a story is refused because it is carried by a conservative website .

I prefer to believe general Jack Keane and Ed Royce (chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee)

11. LJAd

LJAd Well-Known Member

1) It is no proved that Assad used chemical weapons

2) If he did,it is not the business of Obama

3) Since he said:yes we can, Obama is intriguing and intervening in Syria,by helping the allies of ISIS.But,as long as the Syrian people is behind Assad, the Obama attempts will fail : he will not do in Syria what he did in Lybia,where he succeeded to topple a de facto ally of the West .

12. LJAd

LJAd Well-Known Member

The ME "policy" of Obama is founded on his hatred for the republicans : all those who supported Bush/who were supported by Bush must be destroyed : Khadaffi, Mubarak, Assad, Netanyahu, the Saudis.And he will be the ally all those who were hostile to Bush .

The foreign policy of Obama is the continuation of his domestic policy .

13. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

14. lwd

lwd Ace

Posting under the influence again I see. Or maybe that's still.

Actually there was and is overwhelming evidence he did so.

The use of chemical weapons is a violation of international conventions. Using them against civilians is an even greater violation. Using them against ethnic groups in conjunction with bombing and shelling may make a case for genoicide. That makes it the buisness of just about everyone.

??? Daesh has no allies. The Syrian people are clearly not behind Assad and haven't been for some time. Kadaffi was hardly an ally of the West. Keep trying you may get something right eventually. ... No I take that back. Why don't you just quit until you get a clue.

What are you on?

15. Takao

Takao Ace

Jack Keane was last on active duty back in...What...2003?

Ed Royce...You mean the the same Ed Royce that wants to arm the Kurds?
    http://www.defensenews.com/article/20141120/DEFREG04/311200037
    The same Kurds who you say are allied with ISIS/ISIL/DAESH, because they oppose Assad?
    So, you would believe one who is trying to arm your enemy?

Perhaps you are secretly an ISIS cell leader and this is all just a ruse to confuse Homeland Security as to your true intentions...

16. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

I meant for this thread to be about the aircraft and weapons....my mistake for not pointing that out initially......

17. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

I've never heard of barrel bombs...anything comparable in the US arsenal??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3447857/Man-captures-astonishing-video-helicopter-airstrike-Syria-stands-metres-explosion.html

why would they be illegal?? any weapon has potential to kill civilians http://www.ibtimes.com/russia-opposes-un-draft-resolution-ban-barrel-bombs-syria-2161486

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrel_bomb
    sounds like some clowns using this...early ones had lit fuses?? says US used barrel bombs to start fires in Vietnam

9 minute youtuber of barrel bombs...? shows many dropping at 2 minute mark....also supposed front half of a chopper plummeting out of the sky at 630 mark
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApZdvz_n4ro

Attached Files:

18. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Recall the US dropping depth charges in some ravine on Guadalcanal, because they had no bombs left. ..Old depth charges (Mark 7) looked like oil drums didn't they?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depth_charge

Sloniksp likes this.
  19. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

very good one....that does sound familiar...

20. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

Assad NEVER used chemical weapons on his people. I don't even know why this is still being discussed?

I along with everyone on the planet would very much like to see this "overwhelming" evidence. The same evidence that was available when Saddam gassed the Kurds should be available 30 years later in Syria... Where is it?

Like it or not, Assad is winning. The terrorists are retreating on all fronts and are on the verge of losing Aleppo. After the SU24 incident NATO got very nervous and isolated Turkey (even Obama said this is between Turkey and Russia). As a result Russia created a de facto no fly zone over Northern Syria with its S400 system and Putin publicly ordered to shoot down ANYTHING posed a threat without phoning Moscow. The world took notice. No body is flying in Northern Syria anymore including the US. I believe France may be the only exception as after the Paris terror attacks both nations decided to work together.

Isis and other terror groups are now beginning to move to Libya which is another great example of NATOs successful democratic reform.

The Middle East is what it is today because of Western intervention. I'm sure Dick Cheney isn't losing any sleep over 500k civilians killed in Iraq since US liberation. Halliburton made $40 billion in Iraq.