Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

sa rohm dagger with pics look

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by ARCHANGELDM, Jul 13, 2010.

1. ARCHANGELDM

ARCHANGELDM Dishonorably Discharged

Hi all
    i was given this dagger from an italian friend whos father is german. He was given this dagger as a present 20 years ago and now it has been given to me. Im not a collector of ww2 german items, i collect american. Anyway the sa dagger some how was split on the wooden handle years ago and was bonded with a wood glue. But fortunatley the blade is in good shape, no holes, no dents of any sort. The blade has not been cleaned by him or me since we have had it.
    Any its inscribed on one side whith what looks like a hand written message
    If anyones interested please contact me

Attached Files:

2. RRCOLLECTOR

RRCOLLECTOR Member

Something this rare and faked....you may have better luck with very, very detailed pictures. These are laser etched nowadays...

Buy the item gentleman...not the story...

3. ARCHANGELDM

Its not fake , if only i could upload my pics also it wasent bought it was given. And i didnt buy the story i was told it by a FRIEND who in turn gave it as a gift. When i upload the pics u will see its 100% original :D

4. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

looks to be o.k. scabbard badly pitted, relic condition, blade has seen better days? price?

5. ARCHANGELDM

Hi sniper not to sure of how much these go for its 100% original what sort of price should i be asking ?

6. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

in good condition, 4 figures, as it is? buyer value only, as it's very poor in condition..

7. ARCHANGELDM

So what would i be looking at as i dont collect german army militaria, also do u know anyone interested ?

8. ARCHANGELDM

its a nice honest piece that has seen service, too be honest when held it dosent look that bad photos make it look worse than it is blade is strong no dents item has no rust on blade only pitting

9. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

possibly so dean, but it's no display piece? and that is what I'd go for...

10. RRCOLLECTOR

RRCOLLECTOR Member

It really isn't worth much. As has been said before it looks like it has been stored in a humid or damp place for many, many years. The blade looks like it has been cleaned numerous times...perhaps to remove all the rust. In the first photo you show it looks like the blade may have been sharpened...the grip backs up my suspicion that it has been in a damp place as it has swollen and split...you can tell that the grip button has been mis-aligned from this.

You do have early fittings...they look like they have been cleaned also as it doesn't take too long for these nickel fittings to take on a nice patina. The cross guard looks to be 'gau' marked...this may be useful to someone that is restoring or building a parts dagger as some of the 'gau' marks can be quite rare.

You have a really neat piece of history there as original Rohm's are becoming difficult to obtain. Unfortunately the condition of this pieces makes it virtually worthless to a collector...unless you find a relic collector...even then I wouldn't expect much. This dagger has seen much, much better days.