Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Sarcasm Font (improvised)

Discussion in 'Counter-Battery Fire' started by Fred Wilson, Jul 10, 2014.

1. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

Maybe we could "sticky" this thread; much like we did on the old forum to explain the "search" button.

2. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Doughnuts? Have not consumed a doughnut in 3yrs. You must be referring to Tim Horton's. What a character that guy was. Great player, enjoyed life to the max. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Horton

3. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

The first time I went to Canada was a ski trip in 2003 I think. I was travelling alone, and a group of friends got delayed in Salt Lake City. Upon my arrival at the airport in Calgary, I decided to have a bit of lunch before heading out to Banff. It was a Tim Horton's. I ordered a burger. It came with doughnuts, but no fries. I gave the cashier a $10.00 bill (USD) and he gave my my burger and doughnuts along with a $10.00 bill (CD) plus some big coins called loons and toons. No fries. I thought "man, what a country", Realized later that there was a big discrepancy between the US dollar and the Canadian dollar (about 1.5:1) at the time. Of course all that booze consumed on the flight and upon arrival didn't help much. But doughnuts with burgers is something different. Of course I ate them anyway, not wanting to be the ugly American you know. Then I boarded the shuttle to a bar in Banff to await my friends arrival.

4. green slime

green slime Member

You'd already given yourself away, by ordering the burger, and paying with USD.

They only serve the burgers and doughnuts to confuse you Southerners.

5. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Dang Canadian yankees.

6. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Brother, are you sure it was a Tim's? They have never served burgers. Sausage muffin maybe? And doughnut with? gag....Think I read about this - you the guy they took away in handcuffs? Made the front page of the Sun. The article was written by a faily well known columnist: Ivor E. Tower.

7. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Not really sure now, it was in the food court at the Calgary airport. Burger and doughnuts I got, and that's for sure. No fries.