Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Schnellboote war badge.....

Discussion in 'Medals, Insignia, Badges & Recalls' started by Erich, Jan 11, 2002.

1. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Oh Carl......!, and anybody else. I am currently seraching for a 2nd pattern s-boot war badge from Peekhaus or AS or even the other 2 variations.
    Cano someone point me in the right direction for a good distributor either in Germany or the good ole US of A ?

Danke

e

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Erich, can't go wrong with Detlev in Hamburg, or Weitze, also of Hamburg for that matter. Sent urls in email 4 U.

3. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Got them both bud ! Question on Detlev's site, does the price given in US $ include the shipping also ? should contact him since I see a very interesting document for sale.

Thanks as per usual

:cool: E

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Wellkommen. Detlev charges a decent rate for postage. For example, my last order from him was a 2 place medal bar and a 3 place medal bar--5 medals--kinda heavy--Detlev charged me only $5.00 in shipping--not bat at all. Most dealers will charge you a minimum of $5.00 for postage excluding insurance for that price. For instance, a dealer charged me $5.00 for a 5 place ribbon bar and that was here in the states--THAt was unwarrented and I let them know that. A ribbon bar weighs next to zilch.

5. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Hey now that is a good price for postage I must say ! yeah there is a document he is selling which looks very interesting. I do see that Weitze has several S-boot badges but a bit spendy at about 350.00 a piece if I understand the Euro exchange to the dollar . but maybe that is what they are going for. right noiw I am intersted in the book I was telling you about so the badge may have to wait till May/June, but then again who knows.

E

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hey there. Yep--Detlev is THE most honest I have ever seen in my few years of collecting. As a matter of fact, I just had an email from him this morning letting me know that I have item 266 or some number like that. Anyway, ite (hopefully) that Bremen Cross he has for sale that I wanted, if not, then its the Lubeck Hanseatic Cross Award Document he has for sale. I really want the Document because of ite rarity and Bremen Crosses are easier to come by and I already have a Lubeck Hansa Cross to go with the award.

By the way, is this the Document you are talking about? if it is, it sold Friday morning, but I will not know for sure if I was the lucky one--or if it were my friend Rick Lundstrom or some other lucky sot. You have to get to Detlevs site as early as possible (8:00) am your time, and you will always have a good chance at getting something your interested in--even if it isnt the #1 item on your want list.

I have to check for sure though, to see if im getting the document or the Bremen Cross, im really hoping for the Document this time but I feel like I got the Cross. i'll let ya know tomorrow what it is.

talk to you later, im about to buzz off for :mad: WORK, at the "great" company :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I work for called: millward brown :rolleyes: :(

7. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Thanks for that interesting bit of info on Detlev. I will surely keep that in mind. I am going to have to check to see if the doc is still ther though.

You must have quite a collection now of pre - WW 1 ribbon bars and medal correcto ?

:D E

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Heh heh, like an er******, small but growing :D To date I think I have about 15 pre and or ww1 crosses of different types.Also, I am getting that Bremen Hanseatic Cross from Detlev--just confirmed yesterday :D now I have the entire collection of Hanseatic Crosses :D :D

Also, if your looking at that Lubeck doc, Detlev assured me that it sold early friday, if it isnt, then I guess you still could have a remote chance that it hasnt sold.

I do stress though, you have to get to Detlevs site as early as possible on friday mornings (for his weekly updates)to be sure you will get something before all is sold. Detlev is THAT popular to buy from.

9. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Wow, I am very impressed Carl, what a grand collection you have ! Congrats on the new item and it's hurried arrival. Now, will you mount them on a tunic or against a nice black/grey or blue velvet backing to really show them off ?
    The Item I am looking at actually is a Kreigsmarine item, and I do thank you for the mention that Friday is the date for updates. So I will do that, every Friday and check to see what is new.

Treats ! Thumbs up ......

E

10. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Urkkkk, its getting to the point that I don't know whats in my 'lil' collection of crosses, this Bremen Hanseatic Cross will be my 13th :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: unless you count my ww2 Crosses, that is. :D :D

Tis a wee bit embarassing to admit I am 2 crosses short of the number of Imperials that I thought I had--welllll, we'll just have to see about correcting that; will we not?

Ah HA--A Kriegsmarine Doc, now I know which you were looking for, the Promotion Docs either for the Arzst, or the Obermaschinest? right?

11. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Ja, richtig !

E :cool:

12. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Keep your earlybird eyes peeled for friday at about 8 am, Detlev always has Docs for sale--mostly Luft, Heer and KM, but occasionally some Waffen SS Docs.

I might get into collecting Docs soon--just so I can have a few. The ww1 docs are mostly very ornate-colorful and are mostly more known as works of art instead of the bland looking ww2 docs.

13. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

:rolleyes: ooops, I forgot to answer your question. :rolleyes: I havent thought about mounting them much yet, but they will be on a darker material as a backing when I do.

All together, combining my ww1 and ww2 medals and badges, I probably have only 25 or so with my most expensive being my Assmann Luftwaffe pilots badge--and it is a beaut I must admit. One of its quality can fetch over $750.00 for it these days. :D

I'm going to try to get more info on all the ww1 crosses I have and have photos to go with them as well as text, and maybe Otto can post them somewhere here as a referance into ww1 stuff? hint-hint. But i'm going to wait till after my Bremen Hanseatic Cross comes in which should be here by monday or tues of next week at the latest.

Whats also great about my Hanseatic Crosses is, that the crosses I have, are all made of silver, and are rarer than the rest of the Hanseatic Crosses made. For instance, the Lubeck Crosses were issued to only around 5,000 to no more than about 15,000 recipients in ww1. (I don't know the exact numbers on these which is why I need to do more research)

The Bremen Cross was awarded about 20,000 times and the Hamburg Cross was awarded about 40,000 times. I know that the silver made versions of all 3 of these are much much fewer.

FINALLY, I have a complete collection of something German!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bad thing is, there are literally hundreds of ww1 German military crosses of different kinds, so I will most likely never see a 4th of them or have a 4th of them. :(

My favorites are Loyalty to the Regiment Crosses, which I think all are very similar in which they have the same ribbon colors and designs-wiith the same Imperial crown-crossed rifled and helmet on the ribbon and the crosses might differ slightly. This is my guess as I have only seen two for sale in a year and mie is to the 15th Jager Kompanie von Sachsen Regiment, the other was one I tried to get that Detlev had for sale but I missed by that ****** much :(

14. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Yep, I'm gonna check at 8 a.m. or so since I won;t be working much due to snow comin in our area through the weekend. still sittin about 18 degrees F out and it is pretty even with the dark dank fog. Ya know U are right about the WW 1 docs. i have seen pics of them. Simply wonderful and very creative works of art as you mentioned. A prize to keep I must admit.....

E

15. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I agree, and if you could only see some of the ones that my friend Rick Lundstrom has his mitts on--Mona Lisa can't compare as a works of art compared to some of the Docs he has.

By the way, I am now the proud owner of a 3 place ribbon bar that belonged to a member of the German Royal Imperial Family (or however its said) and get this, I got it for only $25.00!!!! at a local gunshow last month. The bar was made between 1870 and 1898.

I have managed to stumble into a few "finds" from time to time. Its estimated that this 3 place bar is worth in the severals of hundreds of dollars--if we can prove exactly who it belonged to. We can prove it was indeed a piece to a member of the Royal Family based on the awards shown, it was narrowed, but not enough to mention names yet. Its either a member of the Royal Family or at the least a member of the Royal Court. At any rate--I have a super rare bar and most likely a one-of-a-kind bar. :D

Now if I could find a mint original Prussian Officers Guard Du Korps parade helmet at an antique shop that is selling it as a "costume jewelry" piece. :D I'd not only give my teeth for one of those, but Hitlers left nut too :cool:

[ 16 January 2002: Message edited by: C.Evans ]</p>

16. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Congrats Carl, thumbs up ! Ya know now you are going to have to find a house and not an apartment to rent since you will of course need room to display these wonderful and rare awards. Check with some of the antigue dealers and you may find that helmet yet. I can think of 2 English distributors but surely U will pay more than what you want......

E

17. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Nah--it would HAVE to be an apartment--I hate mowing the lawn.

I've been checking with the local shops--but they never have anything but crapola. Just last week, I had an antique shop owner tell me he had a box of German stuff that he was about to have up for sale. (Yeah Riiiiight) so I showed up when I was told the stuff was going to be there, nothing but excuses. I came again--nothing but excuses again. As the shop is about a 30 minute or so drinve from where i live--I just cant afford the time or gas to keep showing up and seeing zilch.

:rolleyes: