Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

searching ships served on !

Discussion in 'Britain at Sea!' started by clarky, Jun 16, 2017.

1. clarky

clarky New Member

i am new to this and would like help and information on finding ships that one of my family members served on
    his name was William spiers DOB 10/01/1924 , he survived the war !

2. lwd

lwd Ace

Country and service would help. Although given the sub forum I would guess RN and likely British (although other Commonwealth countries are possible). The information request sub forum is where things like this are often posted although I don't think it's out of place here. I think info on getting service records is there as well. If you haven't already you might want to look at posting it on WWIItalk (our sister forum) as well as they are more devoted to British issues. Sorry I can't provide any direct help. Good luck with your search though.

3. Jaap Vermeer MDE

Jaap Vermeer MDE Active Member

Found an Lt.Spiers. Is this him ?

Attached Files:

4. lwd

lwd Ace

From the DOB above he would have been 20 in January or October of 44 (depending on whether the OP was using day/month or month/day, the latter is common in the US but the former is used some and is more common elsewhere I believe). That seems young for a Lt especially a naval one or course that's assuming he's navy. The US Army had a lot of ships and there was the Coast Guard as well, not sure about other countries services having shipping aside from their navies.