Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Seeking Information re Relative

Discussion in 'Military History' started by FROSTY, Feb 8, 2004.

1. FROSTY

FROSTY recruit

My daughter recently found some documents in her granma's attic.One which may concern a relative(little known) on my wifes side, was a U.S.A. Bureau of Pensions document issued to widow of Ingebrigt Thomasen to commence on April 23,1931,re his service as a private in Co. I,46th New York Infantry.There are other documents that give date of birth as 1847 in Bergen ,Norway.I would love to be able to find out more regarding this military service,even which war or period would be great.Anyone out there know how I can go about getting more info re this topic.I am based in UK.

2. No.9

No.9 Ace

3. FROSTY

FROSTY recruit

Thanks for this info.I will follow it up.

4. No.9

No.9 Ace

Very welcome, on the surface it seems very intriguing? A pension awarded after all those years? Perhaps he was involved in the Spanish-American War? It has so many possibilities? If the pension and birth certificate relate to the same person, and not for example to father and son who shared the same name, perhaps the pension was something the family chased after for a long period, in which even there may be further correspondence around? :confused:

Please let us know what you find.

No.9