Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

signed pics on E-bay a good deal ?

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by Erich, May 22, 2003.

1. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

thoughts ? just been watching one particular pic for a heck of a price and then took a tour through some of the seller's other offereings. Too bad as several panzer offiziers have the signature written right through the uniform or on the KC receipients face ! geez.....that was intelligent.....

so have any of U guys been successful with E-bay on your signed pics collection ?? [​IMG]

~E

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

99% of the time--these men do not sign on their faces--be VERY weary because it depends on who the seller is--let me know it is because i've dealt with most of the good dealers who post on ebay, and i'll let you know if I have heard of him or dealt with them.

I have been prett lucky on the very few signed pics I got from ebay and epier. They were proven legit after I had sent them off for the sigs to be checked.

I got a nice Adolf Ferdinand Galland signed pic.

I got a nice Karl Boehm-Tettlebach Pic.

And the Piece de Resistance--I got a VERY nice 1993 signed pic of Erich Alfred Hartmann.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I got all these for about or a tad bit under $100.00.

3. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Member

Carl, Carl, Carl, -

I know envy is one of the seven deadly sins, but dude, Herr Hartmann!! You don't even collect Luftwaffe, and here I sit wanting and wishing an example of his signature. Waaahhhhh!

( Ok, so hey, have I made you feel sorry enough for me to send it my way! Just kidding. Congratulations. I wrote him back in '92 or '93 just before he passed, but he was too ill to respond by that time. )

Bill

4. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Bil I think I saw a signed pic of Erich H today on e-bay for around 69.00 or so......it maybe much more now though......

~E

5. Brad T.

Brad T. Member

For entrepenurship (I took the class and still can not remember how its spelled) I started a sports business on e-bay and mainly bought, then sold different sports autographs. I had success thought it was pretty well, but you always have to watch out, one jersey, a Jason Spezza, I had purchased, and saw the guys adress, which was like northern Florida, and the guy had hundreds of signed hockey-football-baseball-basketball jerseys and the guy was not close to a sports team, I asked him and he said me bought the item :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: , have not done the thing in a while, even though my invetory includes 87 signed authentic Mario Lemieux signed Canada Cup Jersey, Iginla 2002 signed Jersey, Mike Vernon Signed jersey and other. Sorry for a little off topic.

6. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

[​IMG] Oskar Romm [​IMG]

from ebay.com just picked it up. 20.00 US as the chap died in 1994 the photo is worth most probably a solid 85.00 US or more now. A fantastic pilot, flying some of the worst missions in the war, from the Ost Front with JG 51 to operating a Heavy Sturmjäger in 15.Sturm/JG 3 and later becoming it's Stafflekäpitan, knocking down 8 US bombers and then back on the Ost front battling Jak's and Mig's claiming another 4 with the Fw 190 Dora......

yes e-bay say hay does offer some unique items, and yes you have to look closely at the signatures to see what you are buying.....

~E :cool: [​IMG]

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Bill--if I can get another--this one is yours if you want it? ;) :D

I think I saw some Hartmann sigs on Andre Heuskens site, but--I don;t have the url for it but would give it to you if I had it in case you did not. And if you do--please send it to me so I can have it and possibly get lucky with a few things in the next few months.

I've seen his sig go anywhere from about $65.00 to well over $100.00. Last time I visited Heuskens site--he had 3-4 Hartmann sigs--and all were under $100.00 [​IMG]

Do you have any sources that might be willing to trade me a 1914 ek2 without ribbon for a 25 year civilan service cross with it's ribbon? or a Friedrich August cross without ribbon?

I think I made a boneheaded decision in buying this cross--I probably paid a bit too much.

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Oh and not to rub it in my friend but--the pic w/ hartmann shows him next to his fighter, side view but a close-up and he is looking downward. Nice shot of his crusher cap. [​IMG]

My Galland pic shows him wiht 3 other RKT pilots--Galland is the last one on the right--nice bold signature.

Tettlebachs signature is not on the pic but a card that came with the pic. In the pic is also Galland---smoking a cigar.

9. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Erich Hartmanns sig/pic is going for a $1.00 right now on E-bay. There is a chap from Germany with some very low opening prices......

and what is with the hype about Hartmann anyway and I know this will offend quite a few, although he was the top scorer on the Ost front my personal belief is that he is overrated. Incidently U all will find that book plates signed by him and Galland will be worth three times what a photo is going for. So look for the signed books.......

man I know I am going to get an earful now ~ [​IMG]

~E~E~E~E~E~E~E````

10. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

it just jumped up to 50.55 from some guy with military@yahoo as his user name......

~E

11. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I can't bid on it for two reasons.
    1) im so broke now I can't rub two nickles together.
    2) I'm banned at ebay--thanks to a liar and a thief from Deutschland.

I paid for two different ribbon bars and this jerk claimed he never got the money for either--so he complained twice and naturally--ebay too his side and didn't care about what I had to say.

So I sent an email to ebay and told them to cram it.

If I want on--all I have to do is resign as I have new card numbers and they will not match my old one.

12. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Whoa that really sucks Carl ! what a stinkin rip !!! :mad:

here ya go for Andre

www.andre-huesken.de/index.htm

some of the largest selections of TR photos/signatures I have seen with some rare ones to boot including many many [​IMG]

noticed a nice Hans-Georg Bätcher sig/pic for E 55.00 the chap flew the Ar 234 incidently.....

thanks for mentioning the site CArl, and have U purchased anything in the past from him ?

~E [​IMG] :cool:

13. Stevin

Stevin Ace

Carl, That really sucks....The injustice of it all...

Butta....weren't you gonna do away with the cards? ;) [​IMG] :D
    I feel bad, have one on me [​IMG]

14. Kampfgruppe - von Root

Kampfgruppe - von Root Dishonorably Discharged

IMHO I'd be very cautious about buying signatures off of e-bay. Plenty of people out there trying to make a fast buck, check the seller's feedback, ask him how he acquired the pic & signature. E-crap....er...I mean E-bay is a gamble when it comes to getting legit items.

Good Luck :cool:

15. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Erich--thanks for heuskens site. I've only bought 3-4 items from him in the past and had no problems. All the items I bought were photos--a few of which you now have copies of. :D

He has a great selection of signed pieces--going back a few hundred years. I'm wanting a Kaiser Wilhelm II signed doc--to go with my woodcur page of him.

Thank you Stevin. Oh i'm still going to get rid of two cards but--i'm keeping my Searc mastercard--only 2% apr. My Providian cards are in the trashcan as soon as I get both paid off. :D They charge from 18% apr on one card to 24% on my other. :eek: :eek: :mad:

Mike's right on many faked sigs on ebay--which is why I only buy from dealers I know and have dealt with in the past. :D

16. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

I also think it helps if you have seen the pic and signature before.......yes Andre's site is impressive, and Carl why don't you just get a debit card to be used like a Visa ? that way you'll stay within your means always...

two cents from some-one who has been there sadly

~E

17. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

That sounds like excellent advice. By the end of this year--I will have at least two of these debts paid in full and cards permanently gone. The only card I am allowing myself to have--will be the Sears Mastercard. I have less than 1 Grand on it--so I can't get into too much trouble. :D

18. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

good job friend. I remember those days of 7-9 cards, thinking I needed three of them for gas for my 1-ton truck and 2 others for business, man was I ever the fool ! I cannot even remember how much I had racked up on those ugly little plastic 'take my life away' things.....but they are gone now and I deal only with a debit/visa and it is one of the best things I have ever done.

others take note especially if your work is up and down and what is job security anyway ? not anymore in this life time.......ok enough of the depressing notations.....

~E

19. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I echo what Erich says.

At one time, I was over $5 grand in debt. I'm now at about half that--even with my militaria spending. Soon, i'll only be in debt at a number much lower that 1 grand. ((Hopefully by the end of summer)) :D

Then I can get re-into debt buying a steeeeeeeeeeeeeenking computer. :D

20. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

thumbs up Carl, keep at it as it is one of the best things you can do for yourself.

Remember gents, the card creeps make monies by charging U interest, and the more U spend the more interest clobbers your account which basically means U get up to a thousand or more dollars or Euro and your monthly payment goes nowhere unless U can come up with 250.00 minimum per month to pay on it...... [​IMG] :mad: and this can be brutal

I'm outta here for a couple of hours....

~E