Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Silent Hunter 4

Discussion in 'Other WarGames' started by JTF-2, Feb 21, 2009.

1. JTF-2

JTF-2 Member

Anybody have it.

I'm getting it Sunday!

Wonder if anyone knows of any good mods!!!

I havn't played the series since silent hunter 1 and 2

So it will be nice to jump back in

2. Richard

Richard Expert

You not got SH3? If not why not?

Good grief you must get SH3 with the free Super Mod GWX3.0 it will blow you away!

OK, back to the subject at hand yes I got it.

You will need patch 4_1.3 this includes 1.1 & 1.2 and then your need the final patch 4_1.4

You can buy the U-Boat add on for SH4.

Careful picking up mods if you do buy the add on as some will conflict with each other causing CTD.

3. JTF-2

JTF-2 Member

Richard,

Thanks, for the info. If I get the game wouldn't it have the latest patch on it?

And by the sounds of it...is III better than IV?

4. Richard

Richard Expert

Possible, I think it should see it on the box.

SH3 is the U-Boat one, the stock game is good but had draw backs in the terms of realism. But thanks to a group of mod guys who got together that is no more the case, GWX3.0 Gold has cleaned up the stock version and made a number of improvements like a greater number of ships, planes and you can move to Penang in Jan44. The list just goes on.

SH4 the American boats fully patched is playable with better graphics, I hear the mod guys on SubSims are working on a super mod for this one as well. If they do to SH4 what they did with SH3 you will not be disappointed. We just have to wait for another year and a bit, as for the U-Boat add on thats not bad and playable. I think its worth buying SH4 as pointed out a super mod will be on the way.

BTW: The U-Boat add on has a another patch for SH4 but only on the add on not for as a patch download.

I would say buy SH3 give the stock version a spin and when your ready go for GWX3.0 Gold free super mod.