Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Sneaking around in DH!

Discussion in 'Red Orchestra' started by Joe, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Joe

Joe Ace

Announcing a more fun way to play DH. Running, not shooting.
    yesterday, me and Vegar (Colletorww2) completely stalled the German advance into Europe during what was to be known as the "battle of the Bulge"
    It may have been only for a few seconds, but still, what else can two Anti-Tank soldiers do against an army?
    We started off by hiding in the first objective in the Wacht am Rhine map. A Kubelwagen parked up outside, but upon getting out the occupant killed himself.
    Next several German tanks, including Panzer IVs and Panthers, pulled up outside and started shooting our tanks. Loading our bazookas we managed to destroy one Panzer.
    Unfortunately, that was our ammunition gone so we where stranded, behind German lines, with tanks all around us.
    Then, I had a brainwave.
    "Is that KubelWagon still there?" I asked.
    "I think so", replied Vegar.
    Running downstairs and jumping in the little German car, we spend past the Germans who thought we where their own. Dashing back to our Spawn area we found it deserted, since it was now in the middle of No-man's land. With our hopes of finding friends gone and the Germans on our heels, we parked the car and hid in the building.
    We heard shells whistling past our farmouse and tanks driving past. Until it started to get REALLY boring as the Germans would only spawn when they captured the next objective. So we ran out and with no Germans for miles we walked through the fields back to American lines.
    Until we heard the sound of tank engines, behind us. Germans.
    Diving into a hedge we had no choice but to crawl back. Looking at the map we saw we would have to go through some open ground too.
    Then we saw the source of the noise. Well, we saw the effects of what was producing the noise. A Rattleing, a whizzing, a cry and a splurt of blood signified the death of [1PzP]Vader. I was by myself, and a German tank knew where I was. Suddenly, the machine-gun fire stopped.
    I realised why when a HE shell exploded next to me.
    Flashback to summer 1944, outside Caen, France. Two British tank crewmen by the names of [1PzP]PzrPenguin and [1PzP]Joe had just got bored of shooting Germans in British tanks.
    Pulling up near an Objective called Haut, they found a German lorry outside the farmouse. After a bit of trouble regarding getting in, they spend through German lines, fooling many Germans. However, the disguise was too good, and they got teamkilled by a fellow British soldier.

colletorww2 likes this.
  2. colletorww2

colletorww2 Ace

Haha, i Remember when you started stealing trucks, i was talking with you, Matt(Panzerpenguin)[Mussolini] and Simen(Simensme). I was on the german side in a tank listening to where you were, and blew you and Matt up twice, but to make it good again, i betrayed the Fatherland and gave you a truck. Feldwebel Vader of 2 SS Panzeregiment(Me, according to Joe) was later shot for treason(I was actually driven over by Matt after i gave him the truck, but that doesnt matter).

Joe likes this.
  3. colletorww2

colletorww2 Ace

Just found picture right before Matt drove over Feldwebel Vader off 2 SS Panzerregiment.[​IMG]

4. Joe

Joe Ace

The two Americans hiding from the Germans. As you can see I am very badly wounded.
    [​IMG]

5. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Ironically, I have a picture from the reverse view, and also post-running-over. I will post them when I get home tonight.

6. colletorww2

colletorww2 Ace

I think you forgot...