Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

South America

Discussion in 'WWII Today' started by Deep Web Diver, Nov 24, 2002.

1. Deep Web Diver

Deep Web Diver Member

[ 13. September 2003, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: Crapgame ]

2. Deep Web Diver

Deep Web Diver Member

[ 13. September 2003, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: Crapgame ]

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

This is interesting indeed. I would also like to see something about the "Nazis" that our govt and other govt used for their purposes after the war. Well known is Werner von Braun--and used in our rocket program and was I think the 1st head of NASA.

This is an area I find most fascinating to lear more about. I guess this is why I like watching "The Odessa File" as much as I did--well that and because it was filmed entirely in the German/Swiss areas of Europe. I cant wait to watch my copy of the DVD as soon as I get moved.

4. Deep Web Diver

Deep Web Diver Member

[ 13. September 2003, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: Crapgame ]

5. TA152

TA152 Ace

That was a very interesting post Crapgame. It made me remember a picture the local newspaper ran in the paper about 10 years ago. They showed a picture of a small parade of American Nazis going down the main street of Bastrop Texas around 1938 or 1939 and they were asking the readers of anyone knew more information about the picture. As far as I know no one replied, but there are alot of German decendents in the area so I am sure it happened. Also I read alittle on the American Nazi Party before the war started for the USA but information is hard to come by. It also reminds me of the Zepplens that flew down to South America before the war started.

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I agree Crapgame and I have also read the book--I liked the movie better though.

TA-152--are you in the Hill Country? or near San Antonio--Fredricksburg--Banderas? Just wondering--ive been there many many times.

7. TA152

TA152 Ace

I live in Bastrop, approx. 30 miles east of Austin Texas. :cool:

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Nice area--my brother lives in Austin--used to live in Elgin. I have a few relatives in San Antonio and some friends who are in Fredericksburg. I am hoping to attend the festival in Poteet this year. I also want to see if I cvan visit Admiral Chester W. Nimitz's childhood home too.

Last time I was up that far from CC,TX--we went to Ladybird Johnsons Ranch--very nice area. I would like to meet you in person sometime if that's OK?

9. TA152

TA152 Ace

I am on vacation the next three weeks and would like to visit the aircraft carrier you have. Give me a e-mail at steve_c_78602@yahoo.com

I hope Crapgame don't get mad at us for using his thread [​IMG]

10. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Steve--that would be great--ill email you before I leave the library today--best regards-Carl

[ 21. January 2003, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: C.Evans ]

11. Deep Web Diver

Deep Web Diver Member

[ 13. September 2003, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: Crapgame ]

12. Deep Web Diver

Deep Web Diver Member

[ 13. September 2003, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: Crapgame ]

13. Brad T.

Brad T. Member

If you dont mind me asking whats all this about an aircraft carrier?

14. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Right here in the city I currently live in--we have had for several years or more--the U.S.S.Lexington Air Craft Carrier famous in ww2 and the Korean War.

This ship was originally sunk in ww2--so they built another with the same name. This ship was known as: "The Gray Ghost" and "Lady Lex."

It is located slightly east of and near the Harbor Bridge. She is light up nightly with Blue lights as decoration. There are currently quite a few aircraft on display on the Lex. I think in order to tour her--I think that costs $10.00.