Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Spanish Reconquista Poll

Discussion in 'Hearts of Iron' started by Mussolini, Nov 2, 2007.

?

What should Franco do?

1. Join the Axis in late '39

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Join the Axis ASAP

33.3%
  3. Join the Allies!

66.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Spain has been unified under the Nationalists. Industrial Capacity is focused on modernizing the Spanish Forces and peace has returned to Spain. However, as leader of Spain, Franco has come to a crossroads. Does he bide his time and join the Axis in late '39 when (hopefully) Spain has more modern forces. Or does he start to improve relations with Germany now, hopefully joining the Axis in mid-to-late '37? Or does he not join the Axis at all and side with the Allies?

The sooner he joins the Axis, the more likely he will get blue-prints to modern technology from them, speeding up the research process and modernization of the Spanish Armed forces.

This is the question he presents to you, his Cabinet of Ministers.

2. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

With Mussolini at the helm, I say join the Axis now! Get ahold of German Technology and show them how Spaniards fight. Avante! Ooops, thats Italian. Adellante!

3. Joe

Joe Ace

I voted for late '39, but I would say join the axis later than that, as when I joined in early '39, France invaded my and I lost within the year. Well, that could just be becouse I'm crap.

4. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

Is this following history as it happened or are you making your own history Mussolini?

5. Mussolini

Most definately making my own history. The game would be rather boring I think if i just sat there, researching technology, making sure my people are happy. Part of the reason i chose Nationalist Spain is to see what sort of affect they will have on things (with me at the helm) in regards to the course of the war. I plan on letting the AI control everything else. A long time ago i played as Nat Spain and joined the Axis, which caused Portugal to join the Allies. Took about a week to conquer Portugal. Will be interesting to see how things play out this time.

The more votes and input i get, the sooner i'll have the next installment of the AAR up.

6. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

Ha, well then I thinks that the Med will become an Italian Lake thanks to Spain closing the straits. Show them what the Spanish can do.

7. Mussolini

Thats part of the goal. Taking Gibraltar helps close one end of the Med. Hopefully it traps a good deal of the British Navy inside the killing ground too, though i imagine they'll just head out of the Suez. But it allows Italian ships out into the Atlantic...along with my subs to start praying on Allied Shipping lanes.

Hopefully more people will respond so i can make my decision soon! I'll probably go with whichever option gets the most votes!

8. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

Would also make it easier to subdue malta. This would also allow Germany to port her capital ships on the french med riviera. Now imagine the Bismarck trolling around the med under the protection of the luftwaffe

9. Mussolini

Well, based on the new AAR, this poll is worthless so I will close it. I will create a new one depending on how the new Spanish Civil War turns out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.