Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Speaking of Westerns-check this out.....

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by C.Evans, May 29, 2008.

Tags:
  1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hey, this is for all you lovers of Western movies. I just checked at DeepDiscount.com - DVDs, Blu-ray, HD DVD, CDs, Books, Video Games and more and noticed something that might be of interest to you. OK, for the past 3-4 or so years, I have been a customer of this place and have bought probably 100 or more movies on dvd from them. One movie I have always wanted but never bought-due to it's high price (which is still cheaper than you will find anywhere else on the net-that I know of)

The movie in question is: The Villain, which stars: Kirk Douglas, as the villain, Arnold Schwarzenegger as, Handsome Stranger, and the always beautiful, Ann Margaret as the beautiful woman. Oh and, the always hilarious, Paul Lynde, as an Indian Chief.

This movie is from Warner Brothers, and it takes all kinds of "liberties" from Warner Brothers-owned characters-including cartoon characters. The movie is a comedy, and is hilarious. Anyway, the movie used to be priced at about $20 or so dollars but, for a short time, it is priced at about $10 bucks.

If interested, just thought i'd let you all know.

2. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I remember that flick for years and years ago. It was almost cartoonish, wasn't it?

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Jeff, that's correct. Kirk Douglas's character was based on the Wiley E. Coyote and the Schwarzenegger character was based on that of the Roadrunner. To me, this movie beats the heck out of Blazing Saddles-as far as being a funny movie-with no insults intended for those who like Blazing Saddles-I do too.

4. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

I'd never heard of this one! The Villain (1979)

Should be fun, really. And don't get me started on Ann Margaret :)

5. Jaeger

Jaeger Ace

I've seen it years ago under the title 'Cactus Jack'. Now who said that one-face Arnie can't do comedy....

6. bigfun

bigfun Ace

Hey, that's a great deal! This is a funny movie! Kirk Douglas as the bumbling villain, nothing goes right for him! Hilarious!!

Thanks Carl! I'm going to get my copy!!

7. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

I don't know why but I love the move by the title of "The Hallelujah Trail (1965)" I really liked Martin Landau as Chief Walks-Stooped-Over.

"A wagon train heads for Denver with a cargo of whisky for the miners. Chaos ensues as the Temperance League, the US cavalry, the miners and the local Indians all try to take control of the valuable cargo."

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Miguel, Jaeger, Scott, JC,

Miguel, it's a good one alright. Everytime I watch it, I lose 1/2 pound just from laughing. All I can say, is that it is heeeeeeeeeeeeeelarious, and well worth the money spent-to own it.

Jaeger, you got that right-actually both Kirk and Schw/ are great in comediac roles. I wish Kirk Douglas made more comedies.

Scott, quite welcome. It's a great movie, aint it? ;-)) I just ordered my copy last night. ;-))

JC, I too like The Hallelujah Trail. Burt Lancaster was great in it was he not? ;-)) It's been ages since I last saw it-and I know it was played on TCM within the last six months but I missed seeing it.

9. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

It was on TMC recently. I had to watch it. I thought Lancaster did a great job. Pretty much everyone in it was funny. Alot of good character actors.

10. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi JC, that was probably when I saw it but, I remember it was on opposite El Dorado-and well, Duke won out-so I watched Dukes movie. ;-D However, I did turn it to TCM when AMC went on commercial breaks-so I got to see some of it. The same thing happened the night they (TCM) played some Frank Sinatra movies including Never So Few and Sergeants Three - which i'd never seen before till that showing. AMC happened to be playing The Longest Day that night too, so Duke won out over Frankie and his Rat Pack Boys ;-))

On Sergeants Three, that one too, has some barroom fights, but nowhere near as big as the one in Dodge City.