Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Sports Legends who have Passed

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by Kai-Petri, Oct 14, 2008.

1. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

Thanks for merging these Lou, just as I was going to do that my door bell rang and it was a friend I hadn't seen in about six years and we fell to talking. Forgot all about doing the merge myself. So thanks again.

2. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

Be at peace, Mr. Musial. :poppy:

3. belasar

belasar Court Jester Staff Member

Merged Thread

4. Rlean

Rlean Repeat Offender

Yesterday, or some days passed, a death occurred of Great Renown.

The Greatest entertainers in their field in their hayday, now, sadly deceased. What died in the past two days was more a legend than Arthur, more brilliant than Elizabeth the First. Does anyone know who or what I'm referring to?

R.I.P. ENGLISH FOOTBALL

Not only did they go down, they went down to a country known to have the most boring and corrupt football in Europe. A side who will happily take the lead 1 to nil, and then muck about in their own half for the next 80 minutes. Italian Football is well known for match fixing, and I am ashamed to say they managed to pull down England in the first round. Incredulous.

So, may English football lie down and die. The glittering promise they show before every world cup lies undisturbed by brilliance of performance. We should resurrect Bobby Charlton's Hairpiece as a talisman, and take it to every game, prominently out front of the team for the national anthem to give us any chance in the future.

Lets see these overpaid bums give back some of their high salaries now, for disappointing the general majority.

Useless lot. British soldiery did not shrink before Italian attacks at El Alemain! Get Rid of the team en-mass! Give 90% of your salaries to charities that have nothing to do with promoting bloody football!

USELESS ENGLAND!!!!!

5. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

Cassius Clay / Muhammad Ali 17 January 1942-03 June 2016

a true man of conviction and charcter

Otto likes this.
  6. KJ Jr

KJ Jr Well-Known Member

I second that.

7. Biak

Biak Adjutant

In an era of egotistic bombast the Sports World lost an icon. Rare is the celebrity who willingly took the time to sign an autograph, never ask to be paid for it and espoused others to treat the fans as equals.

Arnold Palmer passed away at the age of 87.

Rest In Peace.

8. mcoffee

mcoffee Son-of-a-Gun(ner)

Arnold Palmer reportedly took great pride in the fact that his autograph had little monetary value on the sports memorabilia circuit as there were so many of them out there.

9. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Australian cricketer Max Walker died today aged 68, long battle with cancer.
    He bowled in 34 tests taking 138 wickets. Affectionately known as "Tangles" (a bowling reference) Walker was much loved in the community...a larakin Australian and a champ RIP