Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Spot fake German objects this is an easy one!

Discussion in 'Collections' started by Skipper, Jan 16, 2015.

1. KJ Jr

KJ Jr Well-Known Member

Exactly.

2. Smiley 2.0

Smiley 2.0 Smiles

Probably it is also a case that they just don't think before they buy it, they don't want to stop and think that they wasted their money on something fake because like you said Martin, they want it to be true. They want to believe that it is authentic. Very sad that people are falling into this trap. :(

3. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

This one is for sale on Ebay.........

so according to this "jewel" the Langemarck was based in Southern France ...... Also it was supposed to be there in January 1939 , before the war had even started. I knew the Blitzkrieg was fast , but being home before your shift is even over is more than even a Union Worker could dream of... I also love the kiddie handwrting as if a five year old signed it

What comes to mind is the following : this I 1939 dated Stalhelm stamp will probably be seen again so beware. As to the round stamps 99% of those are fakes.

[​IMG]

4. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

another one ..... and note he can't even spell "Arthur". Langemarck in Marseilles . Now now ......

[​IMG]

5. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

I'll try not to go 'LOL!' so I'll just say it one more time......if it says 'SS', or is stamped 'SS', or is in any way marked 'SS'......

YOU CAN BE 99.99% CERTAIN IT'S A FAKE !

6. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Oh yes and the Waffen SS would send letters to civilians and bring them all the way without using the regular mail. Iove how the guy uses a French business stamp next to the German one.