Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Sqn 44, Sqn 408 and Sqn 109 PFF WL Reinhart

Discussion in 'Military Service Records & Genealogical Research' started by LancRestorer, Jan 21, 2009.

1. LancRestorer

LancRestorer Member

Hello all.
    I'm reposting a query listing Squadrons my Father-in law served with during WWII.
    See attachedprevious message listed under his name:

Hello.
    I'm interested in learning more about my father-in-law's WWII war service. He, William Leonard (Mickey) Reinhart, was from Stratford, ON. Canada and inlisted in the RCAF in early 1940. He was a Navigator and served in a few Squadrons during his active service. RAF Sqn 44 in mid 1941 then RCAF Sqn 408 untill he completed his first tour in late Jan. 1942, both Sqn's on Hampdens. After a period away from the theater when he was doing navigation instructing, he returned to action with RAF Sqn 109 assigned to Pathfinder Force duties on Mosquitos until Aug 1944. He was then reassigned back to Canada. During his active service he flew 97 Ops and was awarded both a DFM and DFC. He flew in Canada for the RCAF until Aug 1947 doing photographic survey work. Upon retirement from the RCAF he continued work with Photographic survey until his passing in 1973.
    If anyone has any relavent information about these Squadrons or Mickey I would appreciate hearing from you.

2. Alby Anderson

Alby Anderson New Member