Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

SS Uniform ID help?

Discussion in 'WWII General' started by Krissy, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Krissy

Krissy New Member

71FFD929-E089-49F3-B197-D4765A17B974.jpeg This man is my grandmother’s cousin. Can anyone identify this uniform as far as telling what he may have been involved in? The cuffband does say ‘RFSS’ but I think it may be pre-war. I found it flipping through my grandma’s old photo album but she has been dead since 1984. Please don’t get offended. Im only asking out of curiosity... I don’t support the Nazis or what they did. Just because some are in my family does not mean I am one (all comments Ive received before) Thanks.

2. RRA227

RRA227 Member

Whomever it is is an officer due to the chain suspender of the dagger.If you have a more detailed quality pic post on the War Relics forum. There are a few good SS collectors there. Rich A. in Pa.

3. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

Hiya Krissy. I'm in same boat with ya but no worries on this forum. Uniform is enlisted and looks prewar. Notice rank on collar, belt buckle and chinstrap on peaked cap. The RFSS cuff band was worn by those on Himmler's staff also later in the war by the Division bearing Himmler's rank. Prior to 1936 all SS members were entitled to wear the SS Dagger. After that, there were separate daggers between officers and enlisted.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018