Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

ss watch

Discussion in 'Uniforms, Personal Gear (Kit) and Accessories' started by Pierre, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Pierre

Pierre Member

I acquired this watch from my father,did some research on the name engraved on the inside and came upon this 300 page personal file of this person,I want to share some rare and personal documents from the owner with you ,have a peek in the ss bureaucracy ,one of the documents stating that he is a good soldier,but likes nicotine too much
    [​IMG]
    Barthelmes was an SS obersturmbannfurher in a flak division FLORIAN GEYER
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    some documents of the 300 page file including some 200 names of other SS furhers
    regards
    P.

Kai-Petri and Greg Canellis like this.
  2. Greg Canellis

Greg Canellis Member

Nice bit of research!! Do the numbers on the watch, 1141039/355 relate to anything in the file?

Greg C.

3. Pierre

Pierre Member

Thanks Gregg,I had that watch inspected by some jewelers and time piece collectors,numbers can be related to the serial of the watch or something else ?,I did not find any connection to the owner,there is however a small stamp of the engraver, and this will be more difficult than the research on the guy itself there is always a change that this was post war done ,something I don't believe because I've seen a watch of the same period engraving and they are not only alike ,but looked to be done by the same engraver and this was a personal watch given from grandfather to grandson so no fake but absolute original,next quest will be finding something about the engraver If you look close you will notice another scratched number (righ side) 3762 ,I will keep you posted
    regards
    P,

4. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

nice post pierre..thanks for showing the watch, very nice indeed, ray..

5. Pierre

Pierre Member

Cheers,Ray
    ;)

6. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Great watch and excellent historical research about this heavy cigarette smoker Pierre. Do I understand he joined the SS as early as 1935 . Some of our members might have pictures of him . I know several of them have quite some info about the Florian Geyer for instance. You might want to ask Carl Evans about this.

7. Pierre

Pierre Member

Thanks I have bought some books about the Florian Geyer division, and of course I am always happy to see more pictures,he joined the SS on 1-4 -1933
    [​IMG]

8. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Do you know what happened to him after the war (if he survived at all) ?

9. Pierre

Pierre Member

Hi skipper, he survived the war ,he died in 1958

P.
    [​IMG]