Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Static Line Jumps

Discussion in 'Living History' started by HeadShot, Jan 19, 2004.

1. HeadShot

HeadShot Member

Hello!

I'm pretty interested in doing a historically accurate static line jump, if you get my drift, and I'd like to do it in my kit..webbing et al. I'm portray US Airborne.

Thing is I'm not sure if this is possible in the UK. Does anyone know where I might be able to do this, I don't want to jump out of a plane with a box shaped pink and green parachute above me, I want a good ol' fashioned jelly fish shaped one!

Oh, and I don't mind jumping out of a modern plane, for obvious reasons!

Thanks

HeadShot

[ 19. January 2004, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: HeadShot ]

2. wilconqr

wilconqr Member

U.S. Army has what's called "fun jumps," which are usually weekend deals on bases like Ft. Bragg, NC. Don't know about overseas or if its open to any soldier's outside of the U.S. Armed Forces. . . what's the big deal about static line jumping anyway? You don't get much time up there ya'know...from 1000ft, sometimes (mostly) less...once you get over the rush of exiting the bird, there's really not much else to it, unless of course you don't know how to do a proper PLF! :eek: :( :D :D :D :D

3. HeadShot

HeadShot Member

Well, TBH< I have no idea how to do anything.

The only experience I've had is watching someone else do it on the TV.

It's something I've always wanted to do. My only worry is that once I do it, I will want to carry on, and that's something I can't get into right now!

Anyway, I'd just prefer to do the simplest cheapest option, and one which is close to what airborne troops would have experienced...so a static jump it is!

4. BratwurstDimSum

BratwurstDimSum Member

Static jump? Would that be like jumping on the spot then? :D [​IMG]