Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Steel Panthers

Discussion in 'PC and Console Simulations' started by Mussolini, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Hey

I downloaded Steel Panthers today from that Abandonware site. A little tricky for me (not used to having to buy the units etc) so i played the Pegasus Bridge Scenario as the Allies. Now then, how does one take out a tank with infantry if the Piats dont work? I try to get in the hex next to a tank, but it just chews my guys up like...a cow chewing grass. The german INF and Pillboxes (assaulted with a satchel charge) were easy enough, but most my casualties seemed to come from the tanks. any help there?

also, better to Human Deploy then auto deploy right?

thanks.

2. Major Destruction

Major Destruction Member

Steel Panthers is a very old game that has been totally surpassed by Steel Panthers World War II (SPWW2) and Steel Panthers World at War (SPWAW)

SPWW2 is based on the Steel Panthers II game engine.
    Go here for information:
    http://linetap.com/www/drg/SPCamo.htm

SPWAW is based on the Steel Panthers III game engine. Go here for information:
    http://www.steelpanthersworldatwar.com/main.asp

Both games are totally free.

Upgrades or modifications to these games have resulted in Steel Panthers Main Battle Tank, and parallel games for the American Civil War and World War I.

3. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Sorry,

just have played the Panthers II in 1997 so I´m not sure if i can help, but at first I come to think of mines. I don´t know if the I version has any though. As well artillery support is probably possible but then again it takes one move to get it coming and the panzers might be already gone where the barrage is hitting. As well some air strikes could probably be called(?).

My idea on those deploy things is to give the machine free hands first and then check what I want differently as it often is one **** of a job placing the troops.