Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

student protesters want to reunite korea

Discussion in 'Non-World War 2 History' started by majorwoody10, Oct 29, 2006.

1. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    i saw a news item where south korean students wanted us troops to go home and reunite north and south korea...kaiser informs me that many taiwanese wish to reunite with mainland china...i understand the sentiment of a divided people ...what im puzzled by is the actual way these silly korean students actually plan to reunite ...do they want to the benevolent pyongyang government become the new government of south korea..? are they hopeing the nk.s will surrender and join hands with the students and sing cumbaiya...are these people logic impaired ,can anyone tell me how these reunifications are expected to take place .....in the minds of these naive young adults,has anyone of them ever put forth a practical plan?...or even a wildly impractical plan...

2. Siberian Black

Siberian Black New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Do they not realize that North Korea has more often then not, been the aggressor and would probably sooner nuke them then reunite? (I'm probably tainted by subliminal propaganda in movies. Like STEALTH)

3. TISO

TISO New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Same was with east (DDR) and west (BRD) Germany. They were watching eachother (not to mention other armies on their respective territories) across gun sights for 45 years. They don't exactly sing Cumbaya now :D they have other problems.
    If Koreas reunite it will be only after fall of communist regime in the North.
    Reunification will be terrible strain for economy (just ask the Germans) since North is economicaly in shambles. But it can happen.