Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

StuG 38(t)?

Discussion in 'Armor and Armored Fighting Vehicles' started by Carronade, Dec 6, 2011.

1. CalanorM

CalanorM New Member

I think it is true that during the war the german industrie made to many types of tanks and AFV. On the other hand it was the freedom that the industrie had in developing that gave Germany some outstandig high quality and innovative weapon systems.

2. Gunney

Gunney Member

well here is a Pz 38(t) that is just down the road from me

Attached Files:

3. Carronade

Carronade Ace

I recently thought back to this old post, something I've mentioned a few times over the years, and it occurred to me that I may have erred in thinking that the Ursus factory (taken over by the German firm FAMO) could easily have been adapted to manufacturing Panzer IIIs or IVs. The only tanks it seems to have produced were variations of the Vickers 6-tonner, mainly the 7TP; Ursus mostly built trucks, tractors, and similar vehicles for both military and civilian use. Restarting Panzer II production may have seemed the best way to make use of a limited facility. As it turned out, the new line was mainly of value for producing self-propelled guns like the Marder or Wespe.