Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

T-34 Tank pulled from bog. After 65 years it runs still!

Discussion in 'Armor and Armored Fighting Vehicles' started by ATNelson, Jul 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. surfersami

surfersami Member

I have extensively fired the AK weapons and contrary to popular belief these like any other weapon will jam or malfunction if not cleaned properly. My SKS was actually much easier to clean, and more reliable than my friends AK. That said, the Russians are very good at making the common prolatariate weapon easy to use, extremely reliable with minimum fuss in the maintenance department, and that is seen in all their weaponry. Tanks, guns, aircraft and ships.

2. Hanz Gooblemienhoffen

Hanz Gooblemienhoffen Member

Yeah i think we are all guilty of buying into the whole "russians are backward in WW2"...while there is some truth to the fact that the typical "ivan" in the trenchs was not well educated or have much experience with "industrial" stuff..one need only look at what they produced to be "broken" of that stereo type.

I mean the T-34 was incredibly advanced (and backward at same time). Clearly the Russians understood the importance of angled armor far before the "super advanced Allies and Germans). They had mounted the largest Tank gun in mass production etc...now sure they got the turret wrong, the optics sucked etc..

The russians demonstrated many times that they were capable of producing incredibly advanced equipment. Though i think its clear that they always built things with the philiosophy that "quantity is its own quality".

But still pretty incredible.