Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

take cover or watch the show?

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by bronk7, Mar 2, 2015.

1. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

ok, we have a ''homeless'' man just shot in LA.....I've seen this many, many times, where police have guns drawn and might be ready to, or in fact firing multiple shots....sometimes the ''victim'' has a gun/machete/etc, ready for action......what I don't understand is, many bystanders just stand and watch the show...would you stay and watch, or if someone is brandishing a gun, or shots fired, would you not take cover, get away from what could be an errant shot?

2. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

Everybody likes to look at a train wreck. Bystanders can go either way: Best witnesses or worst critics. In the current age with the so many video phones there is the opportunity to get an impartial perspective, aside from what a witness may think they saw.

Unfortunately video can be manipulated to sway public opinion, as in the Rodney King incident. Other times it can become historical record and get dissected for 50 years, Zappruder film.

Everybody wants a good story to tell and there is no better story than being at ground zero when calamity strikes, just for the opportunity to get 15 seconds of notoriety.

3. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

what would you do, Jug? I'd be taking cover...plus, I'm not a cellphone addict.....

4. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

Police are notoriously poor shots. I think I'd seek cover before they start emptying their magazines in every direction.

5. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

6. edhunter76

edhunter76 Member

I would piss off quite quickly. How can you know how bad the situation is developing so better be far away.

I don't know if you read about these latest islamist attacks in Australia and France, but people were gathering there to take selfies while there were still ongoing operation. How sick is that?

7. formerjughead

Sheriff's Office

8. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

ED, exactly what I was thinking, you don't know what's going to happen......Jug, what?

9. formerjughead

I work for the sheriff's office ....I would have to shoot , running away is not an option

10. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

I hope you kick some a$$..someone needs to, as the governors have no backbone....I'm tired of this resisting arrest crap/etc....

11. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

If he kicks a$$ he could wind up in the cooler...and finish that poem he was etching into the wall.. : ) A very tough job to be sure...more and more police are carrying personal cameras, this should help protect everyone...What im sick of, is the race card getting pulled so often in these matters...we get it here too...the fact that they were committing a serious crime doesnt seem to factor into people's (racist) thinking.

12. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

what I mean by kick a$$, is to stand up for justice, for what is right....if something is wrong, speak out against it....if someone is right, back them up [ like the Cleveland police chief did !! ]...off topic here, sorry....CAC you speak so much common sense in so few words...I'm against anyone-police,civvies,etc doing wrong.....but as you say, the thinking is warped sometimes...very, very telling and interesting what you say CAC

13. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Thanks mate...glad I'm not the only one who thinks so : )