Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

"Tank Brigade" WWII Czech film..

Discussion in 'WWII Films & TV' started by sniper1946, Jul 23, 2010.

1. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

2. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

It really does look good. I'd like to see more. Thanks for the link!

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Ray, you get an "A" plus on this one. I was able to see part of the clip before my computer froze up last night. But before then, I saw clips from a few German made WWII movies and a couple of Russian ones-none I have heard about before. However, I heard about, Talvisota and the other title Finnish I think? and im definately sold on both of them.

One thing I really liked about the two Finn titles was that they used several Russian BT tanks as well as T-34s and such.

4. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

cheers carl, it looks very nicely done, and talvisota I have seen, and is a good film..

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Ray, thanks for the recommendation-it helps and this is one I wouldnt mind having in the collection. I found several others of interest too including Two Russian War Movies, and a few German made War movies-none of whichI had head of before. The two Finnish ones I have and I think Kai gave high recommendations for both of them.

6. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

I,ve watched a few subtitled finnish films, and russian ones too, and are well worth watching..

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I watched: Come and See-sometime last year and initially liked it but it quickly evolved into typical Russian propaganda.

8. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

not one that I thought a lot of either, violent? yes! but I soon tired of it...

9. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Heh, I tired of it the first viewing ;-)) It did have a few interesting things in it I liked-like when a MG fired you could see the tracers bouncing off things-ground etc.

10. Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger Ace

Nice find Ray!

Regards

Ulrich

11. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Now if Ray could pull a request out of hsi big bag of tricks??? I wouldnt mind seeing a few good cliops from: Hannable Brooks-which has Oliver Reed as Brooks. That movie was shot on location in Germany and is definately an underappreciated movie. Ulrich might hate the ending though because Brooks battles and wins against some Gebirgsjagers. Just kidding U/ ;-))

12. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

13. PizzaDevil

PizzaDevil Member

I thought exactly the same.

You mean 'Soviet Propaganda'.

14. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Ray, Pizza,

thanks both of ye.

Ill be heading there next Ray ;-))

Pizza, I stand corrected ;-)) At first I thought it was one of many typos I make but am too lazy to correct ;-))

15. Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger Ace

Carl, i know that Hollywood made the movie otherwise he couldnt win against the glorious Gebirgsjaeger;-) I like those movies where they been so afraid of the Wehrmacht where only poor and cheap idiots served in:)

Regards

Ulrich

16. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Ulrich, das ist true ;-)) Hollywood couldnt ever make a good movie depicting the Germans as a winner. The only two Hollywood movies that come close to giving him some justice are: Decision Before Dawn and A Time To Love and A Time To Die--both movies being made in the 1950s.

BTW, Hannable Brooks is the only war movie I have ever seen (AMi made that is) that shows GJs in combat. Where Eagler Dare shows GJs too but I dont think any were used for Combat scenes.

17. Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger Ace

Carl,

we have only movies where the Wehrmacht wins a small battle but always loose the war:-( They need a new script!!!:))

Regards

Ulrich

18. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Ulrich, tell the German studios to hire me and ill give them a winning script ;-)) It would have to be Eastern Front stuff though ;-)) Ill start with RKTs Otto Carius, Hermann Bix, and Erich Alfred Hartmann-for starters ;-))

19. Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger Ace

Carl, i suppose that you want to make a monumental movie like "Ben Hur"and you´re the main actor?! Hey, please let me have a small minor role in the movie!!!

Take care

Ulrich

20. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Ulrich, not only will you have an onscreen role but, you will be the Director of the action scenes as well as Military Advisor ;-))