Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Tanker from the 60s here:

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by 14CavM60A1, Dec 30, 2010.

Tags:
  1. 14CavM60A1

14CavM60A1 Member

Hi,
    I just found this group by searching for "Armored Fighting Vehicles discussion forums.
    I found one other called "Tanknet", but it seems to have been knocked out or otherwise disabled.

I was an armor crewman stationed at Fulda, Germany during "The Cold War", serving with the 14th Armored Cavalry Regt. During my enlistment I had experience at all four crew positions in an M60A1 MBT.
    So I was a tanker in the 60s, and now I'm IN my 60s. Coincidence?

I am interested in all aspects of AFV--history, strategies, tactics, and experiences of other tank soldiers from any country. WWII is a strong area of interest, but I'll talk tanks to anybody anywhere who's willing to listen and talk back.
    Reminds me of a story I read about the Napoleonic Wars--Some Brit artillery officer was admiring the shooting of the French cannon when an infantry officer, feeling rather annoyed, asked, "Well, who's side are you ON, anyway?" To which he relpied, "Oh! On the side of the artillery, of course!" :rolleyes:

I'm glad I found you--not many ex-tankers here on this island! Everyone here considers me some sort of odd eccentric (and they're probably right!).

2. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

welcome to the forum...

3. dazzerjeep

dazzerjeep Member

Welcome and enjoy

4. lwd

lwd Ace

Welcome

by the way I just tried getting to Tanknet and no problems. Must have been temporary.
    Axis history has some good armored discussions especially as relates to WWII. There is or used to be an AFV forum as well. Haven't been there in a while.
    It's at: www.com-central.net/index.php?name=forums&file=viewforum... ... I believe. A sub forum hosted by one strongly oriented toward combat flight sims.

5. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome to the forums!

6. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

Welcome, your practical knowledge and expertise will come in handy here, because some of the most hotly debated threads generally relate to tanks!