Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Tanks in World War 2 Forum Rules

Discussion in 'The Members Lounge' started by Roel, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Please take a moment to read our Forum Rules and consider them as you post in this section.

The Admin will assume that all members are aware of the content of our Forum Rules, and will act accordingly.

Thanks in advance,
    The Forum Admin

2. CapnScurvy

CapnScurvy New Member

I happen to be looking through this Forum to find out "How do you edit a previous post"? I have found the above "Forum Rules" link is broken in the process.

I posted some time ago using an image "holding" site (PhotoBucket) which has changed it's policy on using images for third party sites. They now require a "fee" to have your pictures shown on sites like WW2Forums. I would like to edit my posts to update the images I've used. So, answering my question would be very helpful to me, correcting the "link" for your "Forum Rules" should be helpful to you.

Thanks

3. Mehar

Mehar Ace

I believe this is a legacy post from a forum that was merged into WW2F, you should create a new thread for your question but if I recall correctly there's a time limit for editing older posts. If you don't have very many posts to update you can also try messaging a mod.

4. CapnScurvy

CapnScurvy New Member

Thanks Mehar for the information.

I see where this latest post of mine does have an "edit" capability next to my name in the lower left hand corner. Those older posts (2013) of mine do not. So, you're right about having a time limit on edits. I think I'll bring the couple of images I've used "up to speed" by adding a new reply with them included. This thread I'm taking about was last replied to in 2014....time for a "bump" anyway!! :D

5. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

This particular "Forum Rules" probably needs to be hidden as they apply to the former TanksInWorldWar2 forum and are not applicable now that it is a part of WW2F.com

TanksInWorldWar2 folded sometime back and GroFaz rescued the database, adding it to the WW2F.

There is a time limit on post edits by regular members. If you need to change something on a post or two that are no longer editable, let me know, I can probably help you. I will be traveling overseas the last half of the month, so if you do need my help, I'll have to do before the 15th.

6. lwd

lwd Ace

There's also the fact that the boards have gone through several incarnations and once the software goes through a major update the board may or may not be editable. The moderators are usually very helpful with reasonable request for such things though. Just remember they aren't getting paid for this.

Otto and Slipdigit like this.