Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Thale enameled cooking pot identification

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Engineer70, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Engineer70

Engineer70 Member

Greetings comrades,

I have a fellow reenactor that needs help identifying this enameled cooking pot he owns. It has a factory stamp of a large T inside a hollow diamond with '16cm' on the bottom. We think it's pre-war era, but my efforts to identify it yield only some results. I think this comes from the factory-Thaletec. There are no other markings on them. Any help would be appreciated. Thale.jpg Pot.jpg Pot.jpg

Greetings comrades,

I have a fellow reenactor that needs help identifying this enameled cooking pot he owns. It has a factory stamp of a large T inside a hollow diamond with '16cm' on the bottom. We think it's pre-war era, but my efforts to identify it yield only some results. I think this comes from the factory-Thaletec. There are no other markings on them. Any help would be appreciated.

Pot.jpg Thale.jpg

Threads merged.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2017
  2. lwd

lwd Ace

You might get a faster answer in the information request or possibly the militaria sections although the latter may or may not be a fit. Not everyone frequents this subforum. PM Otto and I'm sure he'll be glad to indicate where best to post it. Interesting question good luck with your quest.

Engineer70 likes this.
  3. lwd

lwd Ace

4. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

I'm not sure about the date this was made but the Thale area is famous for steelwork and they obviously made StahlHelmen during the war. Therefore my guess would be that your pot is a post war made object , the Thale factories being used for helmets until 1945