Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

The Atlantic Canadian World War II Living History Association

Discussion in 'Living History' started by GeeDubayou, Sep 17, 2011.

1. GeeDubayou

GeeDubayou Member

Greetings!

I am a member of the Atlantic Canadian World War II Living History Association. We are a group of men and women of various ages, some of us have previous military experience while other members of the association are merely just interested in history and enjoy doing this kind of stuff.
    The association is only 2 years old, and just early this year, we officially became an association in the province of Nova Scotia.
    In just the two years we have been formed, we have attended numerous events, and parades.
    I am amazed at how much of a hit we have been at local events. Members of our group are allowed to portray a wide array of units that were involved in WWII.
    Some of our members have several different uniforms which, depending on the event, they wear a certain uniform.
    Some of the aspects our members portray are
    German army, Canadian 1st Div., Russian army, Dutch Resistance, Volkstrum, American 101st Airborne, and several others.
    I myself portray a member of the West Nova Scotia Regiment, aka "The D-Day Dodgers"
    Our group has grown immensely in the two years since our creation and we are booked solid into 2013. It is quite amazing to know that people like us are able to get involved in the community such as attending school Remembrance Day ceremonies and we get to meet veterans who were actually in the war and to hear them thanking us and to know that they appreciate what we do.
    Below are just a few pictures I posted for your viewing enjoyment. In the color picture, is a member of our group who portrays a member of the North Nova Scotia Regiment which is the unit that the gentleman in the wheelchair served in during the Second World War.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]