Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

the chinese SKS

Discussion in 'The Guns Galore Section' started by aquist, Feb 19, 2005.

1. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    the first one i bought had a rate of fire of one per year. it stuck its cartrdge casein the chamber and had to be pounded out. My Russian SKS functions flawlessly

2. me262 phpbb3

me262 phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    are you joking? :eek:
    one per year? :-?

3. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    one per year

that is of course a hyperbole, but it did take a lot of pounding and ruined a lot of GI cleaning rods trying to dislodge the spent cartridge case. I got rid of the gun and bought a Russian SKS but first I ran an entire magazine of 7.62X39mm to make sure it was a good rifle. the gun store owner was real nice about it he said just walk out about 50 yards from the store and blaze away ( it was a little town) I collected quite a few tics from the ditch where I went to fire the gun.I got rid of most of them before they tunneled into my skin ( this was rural Missouri ) and then went back and paid for the gun. It has a laminated stock and a chrome plated bore and chamber.

4. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    chinese sks now a Russian SKS

the SKS is the poor mans AK47 it can be made to do everything an AK does. and I only paid 125$ for mine. same price as the Chinese abortion. Ammo is extremely cheap and it is the weapon of choice of the militias ( oops, did I say something wrong?} Oh well, maybe the BATF isnt monitoring us today.lol :oops: :smok: :grin:

5. Ricky

Ricky New Member

via TanksinWW2
    :grin:

Hey, Kriegspfarrer, is there any chance that we can get a picture of your SKS?

6. JCalhoun

JCalhoun New Member

via TanksinWW2
    The current batch of Chinese SKS's that are on the market right now are cheap commercial junk guns. Your bad experience with it is not surprising.

The Russian ones are about the best and I have heard good things about the Yugoslav SKS's on the market now.

7. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    sks in the pawn shop for a while

sadly Monty has my SKS but when I get it back I will take a picture I have a picture somewhere in my storage but that stuff is still stuck in Missouri I still think that I can turn my life around a retrieve all the stuff I have in pawn shops ( My M1 and My SKS) and all the stuff would take a u-haul and about 400 dollars for gas. I actually have a storage building 30 feet from my house in the woods and it is more than adequate for all my junk.

8. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    SKS is back home again

Congratulate me , I got my Russian sks out of hock. the gun has a 30 rd magazine and a recoil pad to lengthen the butt stock. also a leepers 6x30 scope on the receiver. this was sold to me by a Missorian who also offered me a full auto sks, I took a pass on that one as I dont need free room and board for ten years :lol:

9. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    full auto not needed

besides I believe in aimed fire and semi auto can do anything you need it to do. I can not really claim to be a militiaman but if I were this rifle would do just fine in a fire fight. all my other military firearms fire blanks this one I have fmj for. :bang:

10. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    guard dogs for my storage

fortunately my storage building is guarded by a pack of three timber wolves. they are friendly to me. not to others

11. JCalhoun

JCalhoun New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Glad you got it back. :D

12. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    now to get my Garaand

yes and my Garaand is still at pak plaza pawn shop I need 2 50 to get it out. but I rarely get to do a GI impression

13. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    M1 looks ww2ish

It has several features that are ww2 features like the gas cyl plug has only one slot the lock is rounded on top and the sight has the sight locking bar. all these make it look like a ww2 M1. I actually miss being in a GI unit

14. JCalhoun

JCalhoun New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Cool. My Garand is a CMP Springfield so it has all the late WW2/Korean War parts.

15. lynn1212

lynn1212 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    SKS

2 things- the SKS predates the AK47 by a few years. second i own a chinese SKS that is as reliable as a stone axe. i'v fired a lot of ammo through it and have yet to have any problems at all. it has shot woodchucks at 150 yards more that once so it can hit what i aim at. the aftermarket peep sight solves the problem of the junky rear sight that is largely to blame for the SKS's reputation as a poor shooter. given good sights and ammo it is good enough for hunting and selfdefense.