Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

The Cockleshell Raid: Bordeaux 1942 by Ken Ford (Osprey Publishing; 2010)

Discussion in 'ETO, MTO and the Eastern Front' started by dgmitchell, May 17, 2010.

1. dgmitchell

dgmitchell Ace

Readers usually know their favorite authors. They can usually recite the titles of their favorite books and they can tell you about their favorite subjects. Book reviewers, however, often develop favorite publishers. Most readers remain oblivious to the publishing house that produced their last favorite Stephen King novel, but reviewers don’t. They see so many books by so many unfamiliar authors, that they learn to trust (or mistrust) the publishers who send them. And they develop favorites—publishers for whom they will try an unfamiliar writer, because they know and trust their track record. I generally love to get books from Osprey Publishing. Of the dozens of books from Osprey that I have read, all have been consistently good and I have been happy to read them. Osprey publishes several series devoted to specific aspects of military history. For example, the “Campaign” series focuses attention on various military campaigns such as Dunkirk 1940: Operation Dynamo by Douglas C. Dildy, and the “Duel” series concentrates on the machines of war and how they fared in combat, including the recently published P-38 Lightning vs Ki-61 Tony: New Guinea 1943-44 by Donald Nijboer.

Read the full review at BiblioBuffet