Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

The Election

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Deep Web Diver, Nov 4, 2002.

1. Deep Web Diver

Deep Web Diver Member

[ 15. September 2003, 05:08 AM: Message edited by: Crapgame ]

2. CrazyD

CrazyD Ace

Damn straight...

"My vote dosen't matter"... Ya... then you get home and find out the other candidate won by one vote.

Hey- we can probably even take time off from work to go vote! Make your voice heard, and get out early!

3. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

As the old addage in our woods...... " If you don't vote, don't bitch !"

go vote

E

4. Andreas Seidel

Andreas Seidel Member

I wonder if KT is still around and can tell us IN ADVANCE how the vote will turn out!

5. dasreich

dasreich Member

Im 3 months away from being 18! :mad:

But next election... :cool:

6. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Andreas :

Which state ? ;)

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Duty is done as of 11:00 am this morn--now I can gripe all I WANT to. :D or :eek: or :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

8. Deep Web Diver

Deep Web Diver Member

[ 15. September 2003, 05:11 AM: Message edited by: Crapgame ]

9. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss The Senate is NOW REPUBLICAN Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. :D

10. CrazyD

CrazyD Ace

:rolleyes:
    Carl, and this is supposed to be good???
    :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

I do worry a bit about having only one party in power. No real checks on anything- Bush can push through just about anything he wants.

I do like the congress and governor elections. My girlfriend brought up a really good point- the state level elections are direct vote, which makes them really a good estimate of the peoples' choice. I think, with the presidential election, 2000 demonstated some of the problems with the electoral college. But at the state level, elections seem much more genuine.

So Carl, shall we make a prediction here?
    Now that Bush and the republicans have control of the government, will Bush etc. be able to do anything about the economy?

Hmmmm.....

11. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

C :

Don't be too sure that this will all be one-sided. It takes two to make deal and Bush will need the Demo's support in every way. They can still fillabuster his inititives if they so feel.
    It will be an interesting year in Washington no doubt. I'll still stick with being an independent

E

12. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Tim--Erich--hopefully it will for the good but....... we will have to wait and see.

Actually--I dont think there really has been a "good politician" since Ikes time. I would like to say Reagan was a great statesman, but I dont want to go there--as I did and do support his actions--and personally like him also as an actor.

13. CrazyD

CrazyD Ace

Ahhh, Carl. I think you may be a bit harsh on the politicians... but that one is easily debated either way.
    Erich, I wonder- the democrats definetely seem to have less options to oppose Bush now- filibusters are more or less it.

Certainly hope it works out for the better! Whichever party is in whatever office, I'd just like to see the economy worked on and domestic issues dealt with, along with Iraq and Bush's other agendas.

we shall see...

14. Deep Web Diver

Deep Web Diver Member

[ 15. September 2003, 05:17 AM: Message edited by: Crapgame ]

15. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Tim--peerhapse I was too harsh on the politicos--im game to see how this current can of nuts will perform ;) The House is also Republican dominated.

Oh and believe it or not--im a Democrat! :D but almost never vote for them :cool: [​IMG]

I never did like Tom "Gridlock" Daschle, nor Dick "No Eyebrows" Gebhardt. Now two years from now, if we can just only get the New yorkers to get their heads out of the sand and vote out chuckie schumer and the clinton she-devil.

16. CrazyD

CrazyD Ace

Crapgame, that's a really good point. And filling judgeships is one of the easier things Bush can do. Until now, as far as I know the only real opposition to conservative judges has been senate demorcats. So we probably will see this happen pretty quick.
    I have some reservations about conservative judges in the higher courts, esp. Supreme, but hey... see what happens!

Ha ha ha! You know, I never noticed before, but you're right- Gebhart dosne't have eyebrows!!!
    We should get him and Mike Dukakis running together- the eyebrows would balance each other out!!!
    The "good politicians" one is a debate that could go one forever! The main thing that makes me tend to give some politicians today a bit more leeway is the circumstances they work in. Modern media, modern military technology, terrorism, scandals, and so on... In other words, I think politicians today have a lot more to deal with than, say, FDR did.
    We'll see what happens- I think regardless if one is a democrat or republican, the next couple years are definetely going to be interesting!

Must say, though, Carl, I would have guessed you are a republican! But I'm impressed- you sound like you are someone who actually votes for the person you think is the best candidate, not necessarily the candidate from "your" party.
    The MA governor election really turned me off to the "I'm a democrat, so I HAVE to vote democcratic" people.
    Funny thing is, I'd consider myself a democrat as well (maybe independent)- but I'm sure glad Mitt Romney beat Shannon O'Brien!

17. Deep Web Diver

Deep Web Diver Member

[ 15. September 2003, 05:16 AM: Message edited by: Crapgame ]

18. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Crazy--loved your Dukakas-gebhardt no eyebrows joke--had I been drinking any Dr. Pepper at that moment--I would have spit it out through my nose--possibly ruining the keyboard.

Thanks for the compliment. Also, I do vote for Democrats sometimes--I try to pick the right person from what choices we have. I even picked Solomon Ortiz--mainly because im friends with his brother--Joe-but he was im my opinion--the best choice.

What I cant stand--is when a person votes using the race system--meaning--if one is Caucasion--only votes for Caucasion people--same goes for other groups. When that happens--we may not be getting the best person for the job. I like to vote a mixture--since that is what this country is based on--or used to be.

I wonder if Dukakas is related to Brezhnev? :D I think his daughter is Brooke Shields ;) :D You can burn me with a Cigar lighter if she isnt related to one or the other or both--uh oh--its a conspiracy theory :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

[ 10. November 2002, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: C.Evans ]

19. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

By the way--everyone I voted for--down to judge and whatever--even the Propositions we had to vote on--all mine got in--for a change and I havent batted 100% on any election--since the 1st time I ever voted.

Case in point--I voted for Sr. Bush--the second time--and against clinton the second time.