Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

The European Union

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by Ben Dover, Nov 12, 2016.

1. SDP

SDP recruit

.....biting lip here.....if one thing makes my blood boil it's that War Criminal (subject, of course, to Court Proceedings and the appropriate verdict). He visited Brussels a few days ago....wonder why.....wants to be the first Elected President of the EU?

2. Tricky Dicky

Tricky Dicky Member

Hes made his money doing the after dinner speech circuit, writing books about how good a PM he was, and of course sorting out the Middle East. He is now bored and wants to return to British politics perhaps as leader of the Labour Party, the Liberals or even UKIP - now that would be something - and yes hadn't thought of your idea - TB EU President - wouldn't that mean he would surely have the sun shining out of every possible orifice :eek:

Can I just add you guys on this side of the pond have a much greater selection of smileys than we do :mad:

TD

3. m kenny

m kenny Member

Anything Blair touches is tainted. No one want's him on their 'side' and he is literally the kiss of death to anyone he supports.
    I should remind the right-whingers that Corbyn (the SJW commie) was in favour of Brexit and Blair (the right -wing cheerleader for US interests above his own country) was for staying.

4. m kenny

m kenny Member

The point is this minor infraction of the rules would have been overlooked before Brexit. Someone living here since he was 13 and as part of a working family has paid into the system for years so it is not as if they are trying to bilk anyone. They are being kicked out for something they overlooked over a decade ago as a student.
    May has been asked straight out in several interviews about the security of EU citizens in Brexit UK and she has not once given an answer. She is deliberately making them feel insecure in order to better her position in the upcoming talks.
    Why be coy about it. The hardliners have made it clear they want rid of them all. Ask Mr Bendover. He is the poster boy for a brutal 'f**k the consequences' Brexit.

5. SDP

SDP recruit

May has said no such thing. She has always said that EU citizens will be able to stay provided, of course, that the 'favour' is returned. It's the EU who are being hesitant. If May concedes anything then it could be the EU who would use UK citizens as a bargaining chip in, for example, access rights to the Single Market.

The general view is that, as throughout most UK history, 'immigrants' will always be welcome: the key aspect though is that, as with any true sovereign nation, it's that country that decides who is welcome and who is not. It's never been a problem in the past (pre EU days) and there is no reason to think it should be a problem in the future.

Over and out!

6. Brian Smith

Brian Smith Active Member

Bridlington East Riding Yorkshire England
    Which hard liners who will have any influence on this have you in mind and when did they say this.

There area lot of neurotic people being fed lines to make them feel even more insecure. Anything anyone says at the moment is just their opinion, this will be thrashed out as part of the wider debate. But as with any possible forthcoming change that may impact on people they need to take some personal responsibility and start looking at their own options now. No one has forced these people to give up on their country of birth they are where they are through their own actions. They have no interest in those who stayed why should everyone else worry about them.

7. m kenny

m kenny Member

You for the first half of the above and you for the second half.

8. m kenny

m kenny Member

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-refuses-to-rule-out-deportation-of-eu-nationals-living-in-uk-amid-fears-of-influx-of-a7117346.html

Note how after saying 'nobody stays forever' she is asked 'at their choice' and she ignores that crucial point.

But anyway let us see what the EU is going to offer in return. I am sure they are going to be very strict with UK nationals in order to improve their negotiating position.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-citizenship-keep-freedom-of-movement-guy-verhofstadt-chief-negotiator-opt-in-passports-a7465271.html

EU negotiators will offer British people the chance to individually opt-in and remain EU citizens as a proposal in Brexit negotiations, the European Parliament’s chief negotiator has confirmed.

The plan, first revealed in its early stages by The Independent last month, was being considered as a long-term aim by the European Parliament – but has now been fast-tracked to the negotiating table by Guy Verhofstadt, who is in charge of thrashing out a post-Brexit deal.

Mr Verhofstadt said the “very important” proposal had “captured the imagination and hopes” of many British people who wished to retain their rights as EU citizens and would be in his negotiating mandate.

9. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Active Member

The EU does have its perks and as an EU passport holding British Citizen, I would rather enjoy a democratic Europe; politicians spanning the EU representing us in the EU to run for federalised government on an United European level; So who ever want's to become our president should probably try and get my vote; It just doesn't happen that way despite what I'd love to see; Democracy.

10. Brian Smith

It is called taking responsibility for yourself, not running and crying to others, Did not realize I was part of the negotiating team and if you will quote, quote in context.

Contradicts your earlier claims and confirms my point nothing decided and will be looked as part of the full Brexit. Sorry it goes against your one dimensional view of the world

11. m kenny

m kenny Member

I am wondering which Brexit campaigner is going to be the first to apply this rule to (for example) the British people living in Spain.

I am pretty sure even devout looney fruitcake Farage would not try it but you never know some pocket-Mosley may give it a twirl.

12. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Edit- Ugh.Pardon me.
    i have to stop knee jerk posting...my bad

13. Brian Smith

What rule and why for example the Spanish - your post makes no sense, bit like to whole case of the bemoaning remoaners.

14. m kenny

m kenny Member

15. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Tired of reading how smart MK is...Thanks for explaining the number zero (knew it already - zero is an absence of numbers, not a number itself), and that Ben Dover is exactly what it says (duh).
    Thanks for explaining life to us...unsure how we ever got by without MrK.

16. m kenny

m kenny Member

Don't be too hard on yourself. Being a Functioning Illiterate does not mean you can't can live a perfectly normal life. I do not want to take any credit away from how well you have performed. Well done old boy!

17. m kenny

m kenny Member

Don't remember anyone saying I was smart. I certainly did not. The poorly educated pitchfork-wielding baying mob of villagers from Brexitville have loudly proclaimed I am anything smart. I think what happened is your exposure to my posts has lead you to recognise your own inadequacies. That must have been a painful awakening.

18. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Yes. Painful. ..Good to see you have found a voice here. Everybody is welcome.

19. Brian Smith

You do like to cover old ground which if it made a valid point may be almost relevant, why do you not try and come up with something original of your own? Your closed mind, brainwashed view of the world must be very lonely. Just you and and Tony Blair, two deluded losers perfect for each other.

20. m kenny

m kenny Member

So the fact that the average Brexiter is old and poorly educated is not relevant?
    I think what you mean is you feel uncomfortable with the information and don't to be reminded of it!