Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

The myth of "justice denied."

Discussion in 'Pearl Harbor' started by OpanaPointer, Dec 23, 2008.

1. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member Patron   WW2|ORG Editor

Conspiracy fans like to state that the senior military men on Oahu, Kimmel and Short, were denied a public hearing because the "truth" would come out. However, if you know the facts that turns out not to be the case. Below is a transcript of the last exhibit in the Pearl Harbor Attack Hearings Exhibits. As you can see, the ball was in Kimmel's court.

The Secretary of the Navy​
    Washington​

28 August, 1945​

To: Rear Admiral Husband E. Kimmel, USN, Ret.
    Subject: General Court Martial in your case.

1. In your letter of September 7th, 1943, to the Secretary of the Navy, you stated, "It is my personal desire to be brought to trial by General Court Martial in open court at the earliest possible date."

2. In his letter to you the Secretary of the Navy gave you his assurance that a trial before General Court Martial would be had at the earliest practicable date that the public interest and safety would permit. In view of the present state of the war and in view of this assurance of the Secretary of the Navy I am disposed to order your trial by General Court Martial in open court in the event that you still desire to be so tried.

3. It is requested that you advise me promptly whether or not you desire to be tried by General Court Martial.

/s/ James Forrestal

([FONT=&quot]Pearl Harbor Attack Hearings, Exhibits before the Congressional Committee, pg. 3944.[/FONT])