Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

The Phoenix Program

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Panzerknacker, May 15, 2002.

1. Panzerknacker

Panzerknacker New Member

I would like some American opinions on this program-was it respected-also-can i contact any surviving members???
    Thanks guys

2. Panzerknacker

Panzerknacker New Member

I'm guessing that the 0 replies i have received mean that you guys DON'T respect the Phoenix Program!!!
    hahahaha

3. Panzerknacker

Panzerknacker New Member

Gotta ask again guys-what do all the Americans here think of the Phoenix Program? Was it really as bad as i hear it was-or do you guys respect them?
    Many thanks for your opinions-(everyone is free to answer also)...

4. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

I have no idea what you are talking about... That is why I have not responded... :D

5. Smoke286

Smoke286 Member

I believe he is refering to a CIA sponsered program in Vietnam during the 1960's that assasinated VC leaders and other undesirables. All of which falls well outside the pervue of a WW II forum

6. Panzerknacker

Panzerknacker New Member

Smoke-thats why its in the Free Fire Zone dude!

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I havent replied because I know so little about it, much less--on the Vietnam War.

Here is something on it I always found interesting. On my birthday (May-11th) that was the heaviest day of fighting that took place on Hamburger Hill.

Ive never read anything about the Phoenix Program--never really had time as im always into Napoleanic Wars--US Civil War, The Revolutionary War, War with Mexico, The Frainch Revolution, The Indian Wars, the Zulu Wars, The Spanish-American War, ww1-ww2, and the Korean Wars. Sometime I take a side trip into the Vietnam War and also more ancient wars. ;)