Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

The Wartime Memories Project

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by anek, Aug 19, 2001.

1. anek

anek recruit

Here`s a web site which may interest you. It covers recollections from though out the world, not many from Canada as yet. If you were in Canada during the war please add your recollections.
    The Wartime Memories Project is an International project collecting every day memories of world war two, to be preserved in the form of a book for future generations. Recollections form both sides are welcome. Dont let your memories go with you when you finally pass on, record them with the project and let them live on.
    Call by the web site and fill in an online form or send your musings by e-mail. They are also looking for photographs.
    the address is:
    http://www.wartimememories.co.uk

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thanks for the excellent site, and welcome aboard. ;) [​IMG]

3. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

That is a damned good site and a project I wholeheartedly support. We persuaded my late grandfather to write his memoirs which included a large section on the war. I was lucky because I was very inclined to ask him about firearms and weapons and so he told me more stories than the rest of my family. I think perhapse this was because it is less painful to tell a story focusing on the Sten gun or Enfield rifle.

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Im hoping we can have something similar for this site as well.