Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

The World Cup - Refighting WW2?

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Andreas Seidel, Jun 14, 2002.

1. Andreas Seidel

Andreas Seidel Member

So, all Axis powers are in the second round! How about that!!

Then a number of Allied (belligerant) countries:
    England, Denmark, Brasil, Belgium

And a whole bunch of neutrals both pro-Axis as well as pro-Allied.

Who's going to win? [​IMG]

2. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Forza Azzurri, Forza Italia!

3. Stevin

Stevin Ace

HILFE!

I had hoped that these forums would be a save haven for me from this years World Cup... :D

It is shameful and regrettable that Holland wasn't able to even qualify! :(

This summer doesn't go down as one of the better ones, here in Holland.... :mad:

4. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Yawn ! It doesn't look good for the US team at present. Last I heard it was 2-Zip Poland.

back to work zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........

E

5. Otto

The whole world going crazy for this little thing:

[​IMG]

6. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

If it was a Knights Cross with Oakleaves, Swords and Diamonds, this forum would be going crazy...... :D

7. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

Look my friends.

As a German I am a big soccer fan!

And it is time for revenge!

Germany is not playing like in other ocassions, but we are surely beating USA's selection soon. They have come too far without deserving it. As many of you know I live in Mexico and all them are very disappointed because they lost if they were doing so damned well!

It is good for me and my family because now we will not have to live an akward situation: to wear the white shirt while 100.000.000 else is wearing the green one... and because we have the opportunity to teach USA a little lesson. Even if we are not going to win the World Cup they absolutely WILL NOT! I think England or Spain should win, because they have played very well. Brazil... I do not like them and they are not strong enough... The Italins also do not deserve to win because they are strong mediocres. IN their match against Mexico they played awfuly and Mexico played incredibly good. I was obliged to see those matches and I realised it. But a little mistake and they lost... USA do not deserve to be there, neither Italy.

8. Stevin

Stevin Ace

Well, Germany have come pretty far, if you take into account their almost disasterous qualifying round. They would be home right now, like the Dutch, if they didn't had something that the Dutch so thorougly lack; Team spirit. I must say, I am not always a fan of the German counter-fussball, but say about it what you want, the German team is never beaten. How many times did you guys win in the last few minutes when everybody else would already settle for a draw or though they had won. Like we always say in Holland; They are Germans (i.e. don't count your chickens against them....they're not beaten until the final wistle is blown).

The US is a revelation, never though they would make it this far and you don't do that by just being lucky (although after their 2-0 defeat against Holland I didn't give a penny for their chances). This has been a awkward tournament indeed. Who would have thought that South Korea and Japan would make it to the second round? And that France and Argentina would not survive the first....

Well, Italy are certainly not my favorites. They play chicken and again play their favorite defensive game, but they are masters of that.

My bet is with the English. They seem to have the momentum going and look strong and together.

9. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Soccer ball icon......

Stevin, I tend to agree with your assessemnt that the UK may be the # 1 team. Germany to me is only coming on now, and the US is only by luck and the name of the draw. hate to say it but my team sucks in my opinion and will most probably be blown out by Deutschland, but you never know. All it takes in theis game is one goal.

E who is trying to find the right TV channel.

10. Stevin

Stevin Ace

ahh...well...between us....I HAD to say that because Chris is looking over my shoulder and won't have me say anything bad about the US team...And I have to root for O'brian who plays for Ajax Amsterdam...My team...And you gotta love Earnie Stewart...Has been playing in Holland for-ever!

I must say I don't know the others...

And they beat Portugal, who humiliated Hoilland in the qualifying rounds...Yes, resentment runs deep ;)

11. Otto

Italy typically does very poorly in the qualifying rounds, last time they barely qualified, (they needed a wildcard spot), and when the won in all in '82 they also barely qualified, only 1 win in qualifying and got through on goal differential. Also, italy has only won their opening world cup game 4 times total, including a opening win this time.

Italy does look shaky, but don't count them out yet.

12. Otto

My God, Italy lost to Korea, I'm going to cry now. :confused: :mad: :eek: :rolleyes: :confused: :eek:

13. Stevin

Stevin Ace

The (football) world has gone insane...

At least the coach of the South Koreans is Dutch... [​IMG]

14. Otto

Now Germany is who I'm hoping wins.

15. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Now, now Otto, you're suppose to be rooting for the USA ! I think this world cup is up for grabs by anyone.......pretty wild and unexpected.

E

16. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

Ha ha! The Italians deserved to lose! They have played very, very bad! They passed with a lost game, etc. Guac! It is nice, the Koreans beat them! Ha!

Butt I think they are a junior member and they are not a team mature enough to go on. Spain is going to beat them, they have played very, very good. Even if Raúl is out...

Brazil vs England... Arghhh!!! England!

USA vs Germany... Time for revenge hehehe!!!

Senegal vs Turkey... mmmmhhhhh... whatever...

17. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

WE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON NNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] Ha! In your faces! You have come too far...

Brazil... Guac! But England kind of dissapointed me. :( :(

I am just expecting Spain to win and that will be all. :D :D :D

18. Greenjacket

Greenjacket Member

Of course the World Cup is a refighting of WW2 - the French went out immediately! :D