Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

This game looks interesting

Discussion in 'Combat Mission' started by Paulverisor64, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Paulverisor64

Paulverisor64 Member

Mussolini has mentioned the tournament that has been put together for this game and has given a description of how the game plays. I must say that this game does look quite interesting. The turn based real time aspect sounds a lot less haywire than a FPS or RTS type game. (I do like those game genres but I'm not really good at them).

Additionally it sounds like the game is not dependent on have the latest computer hardware, and there are game modes where MP can be done at someone's leisure.

Could someone tell me the best way to get into this game? It appears that you like the 2nd game of the series which is Barbarosa to Berlin over the 3rd game Africa Korps. I also noticed online that there is a campaign version of Barbarosa to Berlin, which you could have multiple people playing.

Should I buy this in the store? Since it is an older game can I buy this in a store? or is this something that could be purchased and downloaded online? If so would I miss out on any larger maps or anything?

2. sommecourt

sommecourt Member

Probably best bet is to get it from eBay. The campaign version hasn't been released yet, much to the chagrin of some of us!

3. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Battlefront.com produces and sells the game. I bought it from there. You can get the DL version + a CD from that website. I recommend the Bundle - CMBB and CMAK.

4. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

I purchased mine from Half Priced Bookstore.

5. Paulverisor64

Paulverisor64 Member

I've downloaded the game so now will begin the learning curve.

I have the combination pack of Combat Mission 2 and 3.