Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

This New Forum

Discussion in 'Military Service Records & Genealogical Research' started by Otto, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

There have been quite a few threads started recently about researching the military history if family members. I figured it was time to create a place dedicated to that process. Over time, we'll be putting up tutorials and FAQ's to assist anyone in their research. I'll be moving relevant threads from other areas of the forums into here when I come across them.

Kendusimmus likes this.
  2. zippo

zippo Member

Efficent and orderly idea!

3. Nailbender

Nailbender Member

Excellent

4. Otto

We have had a good number of new members joining the noticeboards with the specific intention of researching the service history of their family members. It seems to me that a research guide would be a very useful too for this stream of members.

I think it would be great if an existing member would be able to put together guides for these members. We would of course need one for both the US and the UK. If anyone can come up with a guidebook on how to request the service records from their government, I'll clean it up and make it a sticky so that we have a permanent and useful guide.

Is anyone interested? Please PM me or email me if you'd like to assist.

5. Otto

bump. Still wondering if anyone can out together a research guides.

6. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Otto throw what I have put up on my cousins service here in the new forum if you would and if you think it is appropriate......just got an interesting letter from a local about the care the village has given my cousins gravesite in Holtensen, so much so that they paid to have the old rotten oak cross removed and a new one put up. I have written to ask if the old one can be or at least a junk of the engraved frontpiece be sent to me for a memory ~

7. Owen

Owen O