Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

This world is really insane...

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Friedrich, Sep 25, 2002.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Yep--96 oz--which is much bigger than the mere 64 oz steak at that other famous place that says--you eat the whole steak-the steak is free. You dont eat the whole steak--you pay I think $100.00 for your dinner. :eek: :eek: :eek:

2. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Uh...hmmmmmmm, I think we better have our WW2.com reunion at Carl's Jr. dude ! Do they have a conference room..... ;) :D

E

3. panzergrenadiere

panzergrenadiere Member

mmmmm....steak. All this talk about food is making me hungry. I thought I'd add my two cents in and say that if any of you are ever in the the chicago area and want to do a reenactment I'd ever thing I can to make it happen.

4. volkbert

volkbert Member

My militaria for a steak. Sound as a pretty good deal to me. :D :D

5. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

I am laughing a lot on this thread! Do you realise how ironic this is? We were discussing about robberies first, then about forum's rules and now we're talking about BBQs!!! Thank god we do follow the rules and don't hi-jack threads... :rolleyes: That is why I love this forum, because you can chat with other nice people about WWII and non-WWII things and BBQs... and silly stuff that friends talk about! :D

I think we NEED this Free Fire Zone because:

1) It is the funniest one.
    2) It is the one to discuss everything we want.
    3) It is the place to know people (as Crazy says).

If we didn't have this, then we would do all that in other WWII threads and hi-jack them and ruin them... (and we even do that having this zone here... :rolleyes: )

I love the forum the way it is and I do consider all of you guys, my friends. Even if I don't know you in person. That is why a reunion would be great! But Carl, you must think about an optional vegetarian menu for the vegetarians like Doc! ;) Meat is quite OK for me. :D

I am looking forward for it, I will drive to Tex... damned! :( I mean: walk... :D When will it be? June 2003? Well, see you guys, I'll start walking.... :D

6. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

And we all here at the forums will be expecting you to sing for your lunch !...... :D ah what a world !!!

E

7. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] (that's Friedrich singing...) ;)

Va tacito e nascosto,
    quand'avido è di preda,
    l'astuto cacciator.

E chi è mal far disposto
    non brama che si veda,
    l'inganno del suo cor.

Would that be all right? From Händel's "Julius Caesar". :cool:

8. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Indeed, somewhere down the line a meeting sounds great. We are truly connected with one thing, the WW2, and that is rare! Never before did I have a chance to talk over these things and actually someone...understood?! Never mind the criticism, that comes as a bonus as we all learn more all the while! And I have been with you guys for just ( nearly ) two months and it´s been great!

Friedrich, when are you coming to Savonlinna Opera festival and sing for us? It is a well known opera happening and takes place in late july every year.

It was created by Aino Ackte who was a famous Finnish opera singer in Europe early 1900´s.

http://www.kolumbus.fi/aino.ackte/homepage.htm

http://home.online.no/~jdigrane/amd/fwstamps/ackte_.jpg

http://virtual.finland.fi/finfo/english/finmusic.html

[​IMG]

9. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

Excellent, Kai! That's sounds like a great place to go and sing! And maybe later kill some Russians in the forest... :D

10. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

You get to sing in Savonlinna, you´re a star, Friedrich! Simple as that!Anyway, you´re welcome! You bring the guns I bring the Russians...It´s a deal!?

:D

11. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Remove the Free-Fire Zone!!!! No Way! [​IMG]

I believe this Forums is important for many of the reasons that Friedrich and others mentioned. There are a great many non-WWII topics to discuss, as well as 'necessary' idle banter. ;) The feel and atmosphere in the FF Zone is much more light and less accademic than in the other areas, and this is in my opinion a good thing. We all need an area to go if we want to chat. If the Free Fire areas aren't to your liking, then just visit other Forum areas instead. As time goes by and I upgrade this board, some Forums will be removed, others will appear and some will be renamed, but the FF Zone will stay. (All posts will stay online, so don't fret if you want to read through some older threads.)

As for Peppy, and the Fridrich issue, (if there is one), people can post whatever they wish as long as it is in the correct Forum. Everyone on this Forum makes some amount of off topic posts, but who cares? I like the atmosphere here to be professional, but we are friends as well, and friends will often get off topic! :D

I'm very comfortable and pleased with the current type of member visiting this site. :D You guys are great, Seriously!! I have posted about this before, where I mentioned that the maturity level seemed somewhat higher that comparable online Forums, and at the same time there was no evidence of "historical snobbery", even in our most knowledgeable members.

Just wanted you guys to know where stood on all this...

BTW:
    A Texas meeting is a great idea too, I'm going to hook up with a few members, (langeman, pzrgrenadiere, and co) next month at a re-enactment in Indianna. This it seems will be the first unofficial meeting of some of the forum members. I'll be sure to post photos of us all. You will all get to see your C-in-C's mutant face after all this time!! :D ;)

[ 28 September 2002, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: Otto ]

12. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Ha ha ha ha ha...good one Otto.

By the way--I think when we all meet here in Texas--Friedrich should sing for his supper [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ;) :D

13. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

So be it, the chosen one has spoken..... ;)

Otto, can we make scarastic comments :D :D once you present all of yourselves in picturesque form.....

E

14. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

Quite OK, Oto! [​IMG] (misspelled on porpouse...)

Sing for my supper? :confused: Excuse my Frainch...

15. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I think you will find it hard not to do that! ;) :D

Friedrich, for mispelling my name I sentence you to banishment from the Forums for two years! :mad: :mad: I will see you in 2004! ;)

16. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

Ha! You'd like to! [​IMG]

ç

I was just taking revenge! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Jumbo_Wilson

Jumbo_Wilson Member

Otto's right.

He's started this and created a community, not just about military facts but also about people and issues. I've not been posting here long, but I think it's a great opportunity to swap ideas and knowledge, but also to get to know people who otherwise would never talk to each other.

Free Fire allows us to be people without a straitjacket of WW2 topicality. But we still all post on the other forums because that's why we're here.

I'm filling up now...sniff...

Jumbo

18. Knight Templar

Knight Templar Miserable Cretin

Friederich:
    I am sorry to hear about the theft and am glad no one got hurt. It's a violent society, pure and simple; and it's not getting any better, unfortunately. For over 10 years, I was a cabdriver here in the Boston area, where I witnessed and experienced many violent situations. It's a culture in decline. Just stay safe.
    --KT

19. Doc Raider

Doc Raider Member

Otto -

What reenactment next month? I'm in Indiana too - wouldn't mind meeting some of youse guys if my school work isn't too bad.