Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Thread closings and personal attacks.

Discussion in 'Counter-Battery Fire' started by JCFalkenbergIII, Aug 25, 2008.

1. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

OK. I have now had at least two of my threads closed because some here chose to not discuss the topic and had to get personal with eachother. IF you want to continue please create your own thread or take it to Instant Messaging!! I do not appreciate having a thread closed because of others conduct and not of mine LOL. Disagreements are fine. But this is getting out of hand.

2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Sorry Falkenberg, I know what it feels when your thread gets closed because others fight in it. I hope you however understand why we close them.

3. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

Thanks and I do. I just wish they would stop and that the offending posts were deleted instead.

4. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

That wouldn't be a solution as the fight would carry on in your next thread and you'd rather have one thread highjacked than more.

skunk works likes this.
  5. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

Im not sure if that is true. What reason would there be to continue in another of my threads? it will just as easily happen in any other. This problem seems to have hapened in a few threads by others already.

6. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

And as I have suggested they can take it somewhere else :).

7. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

I've been absent from the Net and just dropped in today. This forum has been developing some bad vibes for the last few days, hasn't it? Whatever the reasons are, it does look unpleasant seen from the outside.

8. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Nothing special and the problems have been solved. Is this becoming the new moaning thread or what?

Otto likes this.
  9. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

Ah! All right then. There is a man at the helm :)

10. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

Good ol Za, you can always count on him to 'ruffle someones feathers' lol :)

11. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

Not moaning LOL. Just Pissed. Especially since it was my threads that were closed and not of my doing LOL.

12. Otto

Otto GröFaZ Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Sorry about the thread shut downs JCF.

This is a typical internet discussion board, people debate, sometimes a bit too aggressively, and threads get shut down. There is however something you can do about it, use the "Report Post" feature. If someone becomes belligerent in a thread, hit report post. If someone throws a thread off topic, hit report post. If someone breaks the rules, hit report post.

Unfortunately we have are too busy to cover all activity. We get a new post every few minutes and that piles up quickly, we simply don't have the manpower to review all posts/threads. If I am away from the boards for a day, there are 500 new posts when I return, there is just no realistic way to read that much every day. When threads become a problem, we execute the quickest solution and close them down. If no one hits report post, then we don't know anything is wrong.

In short, everyone can help by hitting report post when there is a problem. Don't send an email, a PM, or ring me on the telephone, just hit report post and we will deal with these issues.

I hope this helps. ;)

dgmitchell likes this.
  13. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

NBo prob there Otto :). I was just peeved that a Thread I created and was just about to respond to was shut down to to the actions of others. I felt the need to comment here on it :) . And Ill say it one more time. Take it somewhere else!! LOL

14. Otto

No worrier JCF, I'd be peeved too. Just remember, when you see a problem, let us know, and we can keep the forum clean. :D

15. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

I will do my darndest ;) LOL

16. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

There have been way too many of these born again Nazis here lately. But we are at fault if we fall in and debate their topics. All we are doing is allowing them to spew out their riff raff. Same old tactics as those used in the 30's. Let's just not entertain them

17. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Remember the report button is too be used as an emergency solution only, it's like being in a train and use the emergency stop.

18. wtid45

wtid45 Ace

Ok being as we all partake i some of these problamatic threads i for one would like to know why MORTMAN was put in the cooler:confused:

19. Otto

Sorry, for privacy's sake, we don't publicly disclose why sanctions are taken against any member.

20. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

Always a good policy LOL.