Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Today we haved recieved................. ................. ...............

Discussion in 'WWII Today' started by C.Evans, Dec 14, 2001.

1. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Hey Carl, the computer is working for about 10 minutes before it gets shut down again.....thanks and no problem if they want to remain anonoymous which doesn't bother me at all.

On a different note

:( RK Eduard Lindinger of KG 1 and NJG 5 fame is in terrible shape in a rest home, and as written by a German collegue is in very ill health. received a very nice letter and copied documents of several pilots from this gent, and the signatures by Eduard are almost like a chickens peck/scribble.......so I hate to assume but would probabaly terminate his name an adresse off the huge RK listing. I may have been one of the last to contact him while he is alive......very sad.

E

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

No problemo Batman. I think one they see that site on them created by Otto, I think they would let me point them out and list them here.

Sorry to hear about the Luft RKT, I dont believe his address is on the RKT addies list. I HATE the idea at how fast these vets are leaving. I wish I were born about 20 years earlier at times, just so I could have contacted and knowm more of these guys. :(

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Rereading my first posting on this topic, I did mention a name. Dietrich M.W.Hille, U 181s Chief Engineering and only surviving officer from U 181.

4. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Very good ! So I can only assume that several U-181 members have graced our forum pages ? I'll send you a private note soon today before my screen shuts off and goes into cyberspace.

E

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

:D 4 that I know of, and a few other KM vets and at least 1 RKT.

I don't have a computer, but I was thinking of buying that Uboat game I think its called: "Silent Hunter"? anyway, Erich Topp is the advisor for the game. You could only get better than he, if Wolfgang Luth or my all-time favorite Uboat Commander: Lother von Arnauld De Le Perrier--were still living. (I know, I know, De La Perrier is a ww1 Uboat Commander) :D I just HAD to mention his name :D Close seconds would be Gunther Prien and Reinhard Hardegen.

:D